Carlisle 2023

1st place 69 Monaco wagon. Well deserved!
2nd place six pack Fury.
Never get tired at looking at that car.
3rd place S/23. Beautiful car and paint.
This show is over too fast.
Dave and I left around 10:30 am today.
Taking a pit stop at Red Robin now, just outside of Columbus Ohio.
I should make it home by midnight.
It was great to catch up with everyone and share our stories, food and drinks this year.
I'll post more tomorrow with the C Body show field cars.
Safe travels everyone.

Safe travels Tim. It is REAL good to see a Chrysler not place. Real good to see a Dodge place again . I love them all but there is a bias.

You asked...

Tips for the day visitor can be a little different than the overnighter. Ive been doing it for years, off and on since high school plus daughter went to Dickinson and spent all my car money. That place owes me big time. So here is a day plan that I usually follow.

First bring hat and sunblock and small backpack. Backpack to hold the stuff you bring and the little stuff you buy. Comfortable full toe shoes cuz you will be walking on rocks half the time. Its usually hot as crotch rash in jeggings so maybe a battery fan. Powder maybe. Bring a second shirt and leave it in the car. Also a sealable Yetti or similar is wise.

Bring a list of parts you are looking for because you will forget when confronted with the unending piles. If you have pics on your phone that’s good too to show the vendors. If you have the actual part – like broken hinge cover – bring that too. Not only car parts but if you need supplies like paint, grinding wheels, wax, cheap quality tools, make a list of that too. The prices are not that good anymore but the selection is incredible. Arrive before 9. Come up 15 to Dillsburg then left on 74. Stop at Rutters and get a Rutters Tea and piss. Good time to tell wife the bathrooms at the fairgrounds are very well kept but also moist and well used. Women’s room probs better.

When you get downtown you will be on E High St and the most direct route is right on S Hanover….however, depending on the time, it will be full of cars going slow to the fairgrounds. Screw that and go straight through the intersection and make the first right on N. Pitt. Keep going on Pitt until you hit G, H, and I streets. Free parking on the street or pay to park in people’s yards. My new thing these past years is to park at Desperate Times Brewing which is right outside of Gate 1. You would think it would be full but no. If you are going to pay, then be as close as possible. Wife will thank you.

Through Gate 1 and it begins. Get a free event booklet. It will have maps on it. C-bodies are kind of in the middle. Its all parts at this entrance till you get further back. So make a choice if its parts or cars first. When the wife takes a deep breath and sighs you can find the various craft vendors, the womens tent, and my favorite the giant metal sculpture vendor. 5 foot chickens and the like. They serve breakfast at the fairgrounds under the grandstands. For lunch get a Big Smokey at one of the vendors and take it to the grandstands where you spread out on cool shade covered aluminum seats and spill crap on your shirt. Of course you have go up the hill past the 14 identical purple challengers. At the top of the hill first look back and take the required vista picture of the masses. It is cool. This a good time to give the wife the Mufasa speech - Everything The Light Touches Scene - THE LION KING (1994) Movie Clip - YouTube but change it up with appropriate language. After your thighs rest keep going back past the trucks to the tree shade and watch the Hellcat thrill ride thing. If you want to wait for an hour in line do it. Its kinda worth it. Once.

Around 3 you will be getting tired so leave and, after changing into fresh shirt, go in the brewery and wash your face 3 times and the sticky part opposite your elbow and of course get a beer sampler flight. Get your second wind and then go back down Pitt street to High again and eat an early dinner in town. I say in town cuz nobody from the car show seems to do in-town things. Good places are Bruges Café, Molly Pitcher brewery, Issei Noodle, The Grazery. For something not beer Grand Illusion Cidery is nice but not really a restaurant. Also past the college is The Pizza Grille which despite the name is cool place with Garage door openness and good pizza and fresh salads. I would suggest the cheap Carlisle Diner but your legs will stick to the vinyl. On your way back to 15 make one last stop at Stans Beverage Distribution on the right and witness the PA style beer warehouse. You want some Burbon - nope none, not allowed. Just a box of wine? No - just beer damn it. . Find random crap you never heard of and buy it cuz your tired. You will likely have to buy a case. Once on 15 watch out for the cops on the long straightaways. If you still have energy stop at Gettysburg and/or the outlets there. Get home and take a cold shower and find out what areas you missed with sun block. Probs tops of ears.
Got back home from Carlisle a few hours ago, and I am grateful you took the time to reply to my questions. You nailed it: Parked in somebody's yard right outside the gate (7, in our case). We were tired at 3 on Saturday, so we left. Ate an early dinner at the Pizza Grille past the college, and it was absolutely fantastic, not to mention reasonably priced. Thank you so much for the recommendations.

Something else I noticed was the car Corale was small. Much smaller than ever. Only under roof and towards the fence, maybe 50-60 cars. The other spaces have yielded to swap vendors. 2019 years ago when I bought Adleen, the nicest surviving 70 convertible the swap went towards the hill several spaces too. That's a curious riddle for me, why so few cars in the coral.

Woman's oasis, kids place and Kuna snow cones are not there any longer. The evolution of this event has deteriorated its soul. Still great, not as it once was however.
Mark, MDH from FCBO met me outside the gate. I purchased his few remaining 70 Polara items from him. I would like to have seen him find his dream Polara but it seems that's never gonna happen .
We missed the picture due to promised thrill ride. My youngest wanted to make sure we got our last rides in.

Dave the Women's Oasis was up by the showers at gate 3.

Not sure what the deal is with the corral, I too was shocked at how few cars were outside.

This was the second year I was thwarted trying to leave on Thursday for the show. I'll persist and try again next year. My goal is to do the swap on Friday and cars on Saturday with the kids. I like to go slow through the swap and that takes time.

My carlisle finds....

Case O pounders and plastic jug.

IMG_1553[1].JPG
IMG_1554[1].jpg

I seen that bottle on Thursday one of my coolest finds from the show was this 69 70 AM FM Fury radio. Buy my buddy @Trailer Park and I had a blast visiting 2 yards before the show and checking out a very cool 71 Sport Fury on the way home. I need to do some research on the car and look for a broadcast sheet I'll be helping the owner out with part's that are missing from it. And Thanks to @FURYGT For selling me a tire for my GT!!

20230713_211855.jpg

20230713_212218.jpg

20230713_212234.jpg

20230713_212312.jpg

20230713_211759.jpg

20230711_145002.jpg

20230711_145005.jpg

Thank you to the FCBO members that stopped by and to those who purchased parts from me. My 1968 Sport Fury got a lot of attention but no offers. I realize that not everyone wants a car with a 520” stroker. The heat and humidity wiped me out. I spent some time with Craig @mobileparts and he is doing a lot better and sold a lot of parts. This is my last year selling. I will be happy to bring parts that people want next year but plan to be on the show field next year.

1st place 69 Monaco wagon. Well deserved!
2nd place six pack Fury.
Never get tired at looking at that car.
3rd place S/23. Beautiful car and paint.
This show is over too fast.
Dave and I left around 10:30 am today.
Taking a pit stop at Red Robin now, just outside of Columbus Ohio.
I should make it home by midnight.
It was great to catch up with everyone and share our stories, food and drinks this year.
I'll post more tomorrow with the C Body show field cars.
Safe travels everyone.
I scored the "Celebrity Pick" for Non-letter 300 (different class than what I registered for), but I am grateful for it.

I loved seeing all of the cars. Loved the Monaco wagon as it's the only other one I've seen besides mine the past few years. Like the bucket conversion done. I brought the crew over to check it out as it was 2 rows across from our setup. One thing I noticed, a lot of deals were happening VERY early in the morning and moving on. I missed out on a car saturday morning. Was driving in at 720 and sold by 740. I had finished doing our setup and walked over at 745 only to find out I missed it. One of our buddies bought a truck in the swap meet area and he took it to the hotel to hide it. Due to the heat I think some were motivated early to move on pieces. We bought quite a bit in the swap meet area, but you had to look pretty hard. I think some in the swap meet would do better if they had some information at the edge of the booth on what they had hiding. It's such a big place and you want to cover it quickly to get a feel and you might pass up stuff you didn't know was there.

Was great meeting up with some of you, I was around our display most of the week. I'd try to do walks early and late. I'd love if they'd move this to October lol.

I loved seeing all of the cars. Loved the Monaco wagon as it's the only other one I've seen besides mine the past few years. Like the bucket conversion done. I brought the crew over to check it out as it was 2 rows across from our setup. One thing I noticed, a lot of deals were happening VERY early in the morning and moving on. I missed out on a car saturday morning. Was driving in at 720 and sold by 740. I had finished doing our setup and walked over at 745 only to find out I missed it. One of our buddies bought a truck in the swap meet area and he took it to the hotel to hide it. Due to the heat I think some were motivated early to move on pieces. We bought quite a bit in the swap meet area, but you had to look pretty hard. I think some in the swap meet would do better if they had some information at the edge of the booth on what they had hiding. It's such a big place and you want to cover it quickly to get a feel and you might pass up stuff you didn't know was there.

Was great meeting up with some of you, I was around our display most of the week. I'd try to do walks early and late. I'd love if they'd move this to October lol.
I’m sorry that I didn’t get to meet you. The 1969 Monaco wagon belongs to a friend of mine. Originally a Texas car.

I had a great time t the show and each night at the Whiskey. I did not cover or look in detail at a lot of the parts and cars this year, I was busy prepping Tux the Imperial and talking with interested people, then once I got out the heat kept me moving through the swap. I was draining energy fast to sort through boxes, but i got a few things from my list. I went to the wash area and gave Tux a rinse after the drive down in three hours of rain, I had more dirt on Tux after using the wash station then before. UUUggghhh..
Now a big clean up here in the shop from the mess of thrashing on Tux getting ready for the show. I missed the photo up by a camera click, but did get in the Whiskey photo. Thanks all who contributed to a good time.

IMG_4117.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

IMG_4112.jpeg

IMG_4113.jpeg

IMG_4111.jpeg

IMG_4110.jpeg

IMG_4109.jpeg

IMG_4107.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg

Is the Imperial parked next to you a forum member's ride? I don't recognize it. But, love it, too.
I asked, he wasn't sure. Seems a few people I ask are confused with Facebook as there C body or Imperial forum, I tried to explain that this is a stand alone site called For C Bodies Only and that they should join up for info and help.
The owners name is Michael. Nice guy but was gone when I returned, I wanted to get his contact info. His car won the Imperial award. WHAT! and not Tux.. I know. LOL.

I had a good time as usual (minus the heat & humidity). Got to meet some great people, hanged out with friends, found a lot of great stuff this year.

Back