Carlisle 2024

Are you behind the camera, M?

@Boydsdodge must have been tied up in the swap meet at this time but I do see him lurking in Rip's tent in post #166 above.

Murray on the right?

@DocMcNeedy
I was deep in the swap meet
No idea what time was
Once again I missed the shoot
Here is a pic to paste in the group

IMG_3449.jpeg

By mistake, I posted a bunch of photos that I took at Carlisle today in 3 posts in this thread. :rolleyes:

@Toolmanmike — could you possibly move those 3 posts of mine here, where they belong? Thanks a lot in advance!

Every year I usually get caught up in the swap meet, lose track of time and miss the group photo. But with the GT down here this year I was almost glued to the car talking to people. And because of that I can say my dad & I made the picture this year!!

IMG_3394.jpeg

:rofl:

Nice to see everyone again this year and hope you all have a safe trip back!

@SportFury70 thank you for the trunklid offer but I will leave the original on it for the time being since it matches the rest of the car & gives it character. The original owners son told me he put that big ol dent in it 40 years ago doing things he probably shouldnt have been doing LOL

20240710_144912.jpg

Thank you very much for posting that ayilar! :thumbsup:. I see on Moparts that there was a blue GT next to the blue 6bbl GT and Charles’ car, is there by chance another picture of it? Is it Wyatt’s old car?

@SportFury70 thank you for the trunklid offer but I will leave the original on it for the time being since it matches the rest of the car & gives it character. The original owners son told me he put that big ol dent in it 40 years ago doing things he probably shouldnt have been doing LOL

View attachment 671431

Going home already?! Not a problem Charles, I understand. Just remember that the offer is still open for as long as we have it, just let me know if you change your mind. I just figured you could use it as a spare if you ever needed it. I would love for it to go to a member on here who can maybe use it, instead of getting rid of it and throwing it at the local recycling depot.

Say Tim (@sixpkrt), did you get a new car or am I imagining things? I see on the winners list that it says Tim Kelley got a special award with a 1965 Fury II. I think your name is spelt different though….

7DAC3860-4746-43F6-B181-87069DECE441.png

So many nice cars.
I hope to catch up with most of you next year when I have unlimited time to pilgrimage out to Carlisle.
I mean it this time (unless I get an offer I can’t refuse to not retire).

Congratulations @david hill and @polara71 for winning gold and silver!

Here is another photo, taken in downtown Carlisle this morning. @Ripinator (who can be seen next to his 1970 300 TNT 'vert), @Boydsdodge, @75LandYacht, and I had truly excellent coffees and breakfast sandwiches at Denim Coffee at the Quarry (next to Dickinson College, on College St. -- I highly recommend the place). We had parked on the street, and took pictures after having breakfast.

IMG_3480.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok when I get my car there in 2026 I’m changing my name to Dave. No surprise @david hill and @polara71 took the top spots, congrats!

We had a great time as usual meeting everyone and seeing the cars again. Those that were not able to make it were missed!

Here are a few shots of the C body crowd, wish those hoods were down though.

IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2906.jpeg
IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2919.jpeg
IMG_2936.jpeg
IMG_2943.jpeg
IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_3003.jpeg
IMG_2958.jpeg

IMG_2972.jpeg

Back