Carlisle 2024

Jackson / BoydsDodge,
Yes --- it would help to write or talk --- to ED , the director of the Chryslers @ Carlisle show....
While he is interested in making the show better --- he does need suggestions, etc... he is NOT a Moparian , for sure.....

While you are at it , how about bringing back *** The Daisy Dukes contest ***

Yours, Craig.....

Can never have enough photos of Daves 6bbl GT :thumbsup:

The blue w/ black vinyl top is actually the GT Wyatt found back in 2020ish that made it's way down down to Florida.

20240711_164441.jpg

20240711_164916.jpg

20240713_113035.jpg

20240713_113118.jpg

20240713_113101.jpg

FB_IMG_1721058819504.jpg

I'm pretty sure he is a Moparian.
Hes been a Moparts member for 20 years . If memory serves he has a barracuda. I could be mistaken.

Engine give away, car giveaway, Daisy Duke, Miss Carlisle contest, Burnout contest, full Sunday event, trophy parade, Kids activities, Women's Oasis ( the real one) ALL GONE.
They aren't trying to make it better, they're counting pennies. Every year it loses something.

Jackson / BoydsDodge,
Yes --- it would help to write or talk --- to ED , the director of the Chryslers @ Carlisle show....
While he is interested in making the show better --- he does need suggestions, etc... he is NOT a Moparian , for sure.....

While you are at it , how about bringing back *** The Daisy Dukes contest ***

Yours, Craig.....

Hes been a Moparts member for 20 years . If memory serves he has a barracuda. I could be mistaken.

Engine give away, car giveaway, Daisy Duke, Miss Carlisle contest, Burnout contest, full Sunday event, trophy parade, Kids activities, Women's Oasis ( the real one) ALL GONE.
They aren't trying to make it better, they're counting pennies. Every year it loses something.
The Dealership replica building out front ,Gone too. Now a Distillery WTF !

I wonder if we could have a time on the Saturday with all the C-bodies in one spot, even if it were to be off the grounds. Maybe at 3 or even 4PM that day, which is when many folks would be leaving the main show anyway? The Carlisle Expo Center has the right amount of parking space and is close by.

1721293510836.png

Good Morning
Just got home yesterday (17 July). Wife and I spent a couple of days travelling to Gettysburg. Glad we took the A/C bus tour as it was rather warm.
Anyway, we had a wonderful time at Carlisle, I was glad to be able to put faces to names. Also, congrats to all who scored recognition for their cars.
No issues on the 1100 mile road trip. The 'Barge' performed flawlessly except the add on A/C did struggle when the temps hit 99* F and I did lose a vacuum cap off the manifold 'T' somewhere. No over heating issues like last year. The addition of a fan clutch and a 'pusher' fan apparently helped.
With the new shoes and drums from Craig ( Mobileparts ), the Barge will be even better next year.
Glad everyone made it home with a minimum of drama.
On a related note; if anyone is planning on attending the 2024 CATL run and is driving the Toledo to Ft. Wayne leg, drop me a line.
Take care and God Bless
Omni

As we left on Saturday we were told that there would no longer be parking at gate 5, that land is being redeveloped. That has been our go to gate, easy access around the traffic and the scooter rentals are right there.

As we left on Saturday we were told that there would no longer be parking at gate 5, that land is being redeveloped. That has been our go to gate, easy access around the traffic and the scooter rentals are right there.
That sucks but it isn't surprising. I could see Gate 6 being restricted, if not closed completely also because it crosses through private land. There is no frontage to a public street on either of those gates so if someone offers the current owners of the property the right amount of money, they will sell.

BTW, does anyone know what the large building will be that they're building behind the offices at Gate 3? Just curious.

I still think we should all sent them an email.
Agree. If they want to have a section for Imperials, and a section for 300, they can play with the two-dimensionality of the field. C-bodies along one dimension (say, in one row or two), years on the second (i.e., row to row).

Scooter rentals are also at gate 3.
Yes, but it is more crowded and takes more time. I know if we had the car on the show field parking would not be an issue, we will see how that works. I'd like to know where are they going to park all of those cars next year, the gate 5 lot was packed.

Yes, but it is more crowded and takes more time. I know if we had the car on the show field parking would not be an issue, we will see how that works. I'd like to know where are they going to park all of those cars next year, the gate 5 lot was packed.
I hear scooters are even harder to get to when you are in Italy :poke:

These are all before my time, but would have liked to seen a Daisy Duke contest, why would they eliminate that? Can't see that costing anything besides maybe a trophy or coupon for a Brazilian wax or something...

"Carlisle goes woke"

Back