Carlisle 2024

They used to pay cash to the girls who won :
1st ) $ 300. 2nd ) $ 200. 3rd ) $ 100 === so it cost Carlisle a mere $600 for the whole event….

Attracted a slew of spectators, and was a family favorite….
It was stopped originally , because of the pandemic ( you couldn’t sit 5000 in the grandstand shoulder to shoulder … )

Time to bring it back, for sure !!!

"BTW, does anyone know what the large building will be that they're building behind the offices at Gate 3? Just curious."

I asked one of the Gate 3 workers,He said it was to be a Maintenance building.

Just letting everyone know that Carlisle is having a 20% off showfield registration right now until this coming Sunday the 21st.

C9437156-D55D-452B-8DD9-8A5C06450055.png

Just letting everyone know that Carlisle is having a 20% off showfield registration right now until this coming Sunday the 21st.

View attachment 673561
I was just trying to regester for the show but there is no FCBO listed for club. The Carlisle events page asks for the club to be registered. I don't think it is my place to register the FCBO site with Carlisle events. Can we get FCBO registered?

I was just trying to regester for the show but there is no FCBO listed for club. The Carlisle events page asks for the club to be registered. I don't think it is my place to register the FCBO site with Carlisle events. Can we get FCBO registered?

I think @polara71 and some others will likely agree, but we don’t normally care about being registered as a club. I believe Hawk or (@HawkRod) on here and on B bodies was tryin to get all the “only” clubs combined into one club, naming it “FXBO”. Obviously he (or anyone else) can correct me if I’m wrong. I guess you can try emailing Ed (who runs the show) if you wanted to mention it to him. Go figure, the A and B body only sites are registered as clubs but not C bodies.

Bring back the daisy dukes!!
Hell of a crowd for the daisy dukes show. We all love to see some good ***!!
Stupid woke politics.

fcbo is part of fbbo. Not surprising as the C bodies are lightly represented.
febo doesn't have many folks either. That's why ebodies.org has representation because the only other ebodies club is febo.
I didn't chat with one cuda owner that said he was febo member. I'm sure there were a few but didn't hear it.

ebodies.org club has a pizza dinner at Super 8 - 175 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland, PA.
Usually nice and clean. It appears that the ghetto people have taken over this hotel as well as the few that are next to it.
I thought we were gonna get robbed of our pizza. Pretty sad what these "people" are doing to nice areas.
Last year we donated our left over pizza to a poor ghetto family with kids running amuck. It has gotten worse. Far Worse.
I think our club will be changing locations to a closer hotel in carlisle, hopefully, next year.

ebodies.org club has a pizza dinner at Super 8 - 175 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland, PA.
Usually nice and clean. It appears that the ghetto people have taken over this hotel as well as the few that are next to it.
I thought we were gonna get robbed of our pizza. Pretty sad what these "people" are doing to nice areas.
Last year we donated our left over pizza to a poor ghetto family with kids running amuck. It has gotten worse. Far Worse.
I think our club will be changing locations to a closer hotel in carlisle, hopefully, next year.
Mrs. Big John and I stayed in the La Quinta next door. Not too bad, not great though. There was a bunch from a high school basket ball team. The kids all seemed nice though...

What I didn't like was there was really no good place to park... Especially with no other old cars around to park with.

Bring a car, parking solved. No car? Stay home and work on it.
Car giveaway, Mopar are just too expensive.
Engine giveaway, the only company that was doing it went out of business. No one else wants to do it because you give them a engine they care nothing about and when they blow it up they are all over Facebook bitching about the company that built it.
Bunch of young girls being stared at by majority of guys old enough to be their grandpa, yeah if I were them no thanks.
Most of the Ramchargers and Golden commandos are dead, thank God Herb and Buddy are still around.
Still a very well run show, find us a better one and we will go to it. I still go to the Nats and it is nowhere even close to Carlisle's caliber.

Bring a car, parking solved. No car? Stay home and work on it.
Car giveaway, Mopar are just too expensive.
Engine giveaway, the only company that was doing it went out of business. No one else wants to do it because you give them a engine they care nothing about and when they blow it up they are all over Facebook bitching about the company that built it.
Bunch of young girls being stared at by majority of guys old enough to be their grandpa, yeah if I were them no thanks.
Most of the Ramchargers and Golden commandos are dead, thank God Herb and Buddy are still around.
Still a very well run show, find us a better one and we will go to it. I still go to the Nats and it is nowhere even close to Carlisle's caliber.

Good to see you are still a grumpy old man.

No, mopars aren't expensive except to the CBs. No one said they have to give away a superbird. Hell a 2010 RT Challenger could be had for 15. Even a 1988 Daytona for under 10.
Lots of engine builders out there, its not like all the builders are dead.
They were old men five years ago. Now you have morals and don't want a Daisy Duke contest? What changed your mind in five years?

I think @polara71 and some others will likely agree, but we don’t normally care about being registered as a club. I believe Hawk or (@HawkRod) on here and on B bodies was tryin to get all the “only” clubs combined into one club, naming it “FXBO”. Obviously he (or anyone else) can correct me if I’m wrong. I guess you can try emailing Ed (who runs the show) if you wanted to mention it to him. Go figure, the A and B body only sites are registered as clubs but not C bodies.
We have tried working with Carlisle so that any of the clubs would be combined into one tent. They have declined to do that.

This is why, for the last several years, we have asked everyone to register their club as FBBO when they register a car. You must have at least 25 people to sign up or you must pay for a tent. Also, as you get more people, the tent size increases too. So by combining all of us together we are able to get a large, free tent to host the luncheon and use it for other functions as well.

Good to see you are still a grumpy old man.

No, mopars aren't expensive except to the CBs. No one said they have to give away a superbird. Hell a 2010 RT Challenger could be had for 15. Even a 1988 Daytona for under 10.
Lots of engine builders out there, its not like all the builders are dead.
They were old men five years ago. Now you have morals and don't want a Daisy Duke contest? What changed your mind in five years?

They could give away a barn find 1970 triple pickle Newport and shave even less off their overhead. At least some of us would celebrate that prize, haha.

Last edited:
Back