CATL 2024: C-bodies At The Lake on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2024 ("hub-and-spoke" to the Studebaker Museum in South Bend, IN)

@ayilar
My CTRL-F says @detmatt has not been pinged in this. Anywhere?
He would be a good addition to the trip if he's available.
Especially if he doesn't mind being beckoned from afar.
Thanks but I’m out. It will be fun to join in on this in the future but it’s just not in the cards this year.
Dang. Frowny-face icon #2 for that.
Indeed. I had reached out to Matt as part of a separate conversation, but unfortunately he can't make it. At least the Michigan contingent (@MONC440 and @D Cluley) saw him at his meet a couple of weekends ago. We'll have to wait till next year...

Last edited:
Would love to have made the cruise, but it’s our best friend’s 50th Anniversary celebration on September 7, so I am unable to join this year. Sorry for the late response, but we downsized our home this summer, so with finding our new place and selling our old place, my summer was consumed (and I was overwhelmed) with the move. My Polara is tucked away safe & sound a couple of blocks away from our new home, though, and ready to go.

So tomorrow morning @D Cluley, @Omni and myself will be meeting at the Citco at the intersection of us127 and us12 at 10am. We will be traveling down us12 and will stop in Sturgis around 11:15 and depart around 11:45. If anyone is planning to join in Sturgis please sound off so we know if we should be expecting you.

Thanks

Here is the final itinerary for the Indiana spoke. @fury fan @RWCearley and @david hill shall depart from the Cool Lake Golf Club parking lot tomorrow at 9:30AM and drive north, through Logansport and Plymouth all the way to the Studebaker Museum (dark blue line in the map below). They should reach their destination by 1PM.

The starting point at 520 E 750 N in Lebanon, IN 46052. It is located right next to Cool Lake, in line with the C-bodies At The Lake theme of either starting or ending at a body of water.

1725654865938.png

Last edited:
Several of us have arrived. We inquired at the front desk, and the museum will let us park up front. So ignore the previous note about the southern parking lot, come to the front door of the museum. You will see us, of course

I arrived safely at home last evening & hope everyone else who was headed back did likewise.

Did have to regrease & adjust a front wheel bearing before leaving South Bend. Thanks again to @david hill for the assistance.

That finishes up a 4 week stretch where I drove the '65 just about 2200 miles.

Well it was the maiden voyage for my Fury and we made it there and back safely. The family loved the museum, sorry we had to take off without saying goodbye. I did look for you guys but that place is huge.

The Fury did develop some kind of vibration in the front end about halfway there and a small transmission line leak. Neither issue got worse on the way home. The front end vibration feels like a tire loosing a cord but the tires all look fine. I’m wondering now after putting some miles on the car if the bushings in the a-arms or the ball joints were worse than I thought. The trans line leak will be an easy fix.

Overnighted in Michigan City.
Arrived home Sunday about 12:30 via Turnpike. 360 miles in total.
The Barge performed well (the oil light gremlin took the day off) but the brakes now seem to have lost the 'power' aspect.
As this will probably be the last road trip of the Barge for 2024 I can devote some time to tinkering.
Omni and Mrs Omni

Back