Cold Case is here to help

I couldn't believe it
I could... the b's trailer their cars to a show...:rolleyes:

It doesn't mean they aren't actually nice folks... but the world of repops wants their business, even if they do have to pay a premium over the shivie parts.

Thread clarification:
So, let me get this straight: if I get my hands on an original 72-73 Imperial radiator...send it to Cold Case in Pennsylvania...they fabricate a perfect new one for me from the original...save the specs for the next "Joe six-pack" who needs a radiator for this particular Imperial model/year...Is the way to get the ball rolling to make 72-73 Imperial radiators available for everyone per request? Am I missing something? Is it that simple? And at what cost per reproduction radiator I wonder?
*4 vent Fuel tank repro's run about $260-300.00

IMG_6883[1].JPG

IMG_6884[1].JPG

IMG_7070[1].JPG
IMG_7069[1].JPG
IMG_7071[1].JPG
IMG_7072[1].JPG
IMG_7069[1].JPG

Well my HD fan clutch was too thick for it, and the brackets didn't quite line up for my MOP757A radiator. Will take more pics once the installs complete.

The radiator fits pretty decent, and holds 3 quarts more than the old one. Pics to come once we deal with the cracked head we found.

Just to let everyone know that 5 years later my radiator is still working well and will be getting a Mercedes electric fan installed next month.

Dave

Well, this in 100 plus weather on the freeway at about 80 mph. The Mercedes fan really helps in low speed now, just can't keep my foot in it on the freeway which is how it was before the fan change.

IMG_7395[1].JPG

Last edited:
Well, this in 100 plus weather on the freeway at about 80 mph. The Mercedes fan really helps in low speed now, just can't keep my foot in it on the freeway which is how it was before the fan change.

View attachment 670101
If you are running hot on the highway, the fan could in theory be blocking the air from passing through at speed. you may also have some type of vacuum affect preventing that 80mph air from flowing through the radiator. The air could be coming up from the bottom and pushing back at the 80mph air. At 80mph, you technically don't even need a fan to cool the fluids. In fact, at that speed, the fan can only hurt the air flow.

It's also possible you have a motor component issue that when running at higher rpms increases friction and heat. What is your rpm's when at the highway speed? If you continued at 80mph, does the temp continue to rise? 220? 225? Because if you stayed at 210 at 80mph, that's not necessarily a problem.

If you are running hot on the highway, the fan could in theory be blocking the air from passing through at speed. you may also have some type of vacuum affect preventing that 80mph air from flowing through the radiator. The air could be coming up from the bottom and pushing back at the 80mph air. At 80mph, you technically don't even need a fan to cool the fluids. In fact, at that speed, the fan can only hurt the air flow.

It's also possible you have a motor component issue that when running at higher rpms increases friction and heat. What is your rpm's when at the highway speed? If you continued at 80mph, does the temp continue to rise? 220? 225? Because if you stayed at 210 at 80mph, that's not necessarily a problem.
It stayed at 210.

If it stays at 210 in 100 degree temps and you're tach is around 2800 or more, then 210 is totally acceptable.
I was turning about 2100-3200 RPM at the time on the freeway. It did this before the electric fan install. The fan seems to have solved the running warm problem at low speeds durings cruises, parades, etc. Now I await a new Cold Case rad as the shop who did the fan gouged my radiator and damaged a couple of tubes. It's epoxied for the moment.

yep, then that makes sense. at 100 degrees and higher rpm's like that, the car is just going to want to run hotter. No fan on the planet is going to lower the temps better than 80mph air flow. However, you might want to analyze the air flow as it comes through the grill. Could it be getting channeled below, above or to the side of hte radiator? Adding some type of baffle to force more air through the radiator could really help during these high speed driving conditions.

That being said, if you can stay at 210 for indefinite amount of time at those speeds, you should be fine.

Back