cold start - lifter tapping - whats an eskimo to do ?

:stop: Oh the FRAM hating... used them in all my Mopars never had a problem, I suspect you have something else going on.
I ran FRAM for years & years as my preferred brand. Then I got into the automotive industry (including building oil filters) and cut one open. They really aren't the best....not HORRIBLE, but I don't buy FRAM anymore. Less pleates, larger holes in the pleates, by-pass not the best design. Their up-grade FRAM (Long Life???) is about equal in quality to your basic Purolator (once you cut them open and compare)

I ran FRAM for years & years as my preferred brand. Then I got into the automotive industry (including building oil filters) and cut one open. They really aren't the best....not HORRIBLE, but I don't buy FRAM anymore. Less pleates, larger holes in the pleates, by-pass not the best design. Their up-grade FRAM (Long Life???) is about equal in quality to your basic Purolator (once you cut them open and compare)

Hastings makes very good quality filters.

Dave

Hastings makes very good quality filters.
'
Dave

True. I saw a Hastings cut open once & it has sort of a "sponge looking" filter inside, completely different than all the other filters I've seen. All the others sort of look like an air filter & the only real difference is the number of "pleats per inch" (basically "how much" filter is inside...more is normally considered better) and the "pore size" of the filter media (basically "how big the holes are" in the filter paper.... generally, smaller pores filter better BUT they also clog up faster since they're catching more and smaller pieces of dirt)

Thinner oil and a good filter with anti-drainback valve such as Wix, Napa Gold, Mobil-1, AC, Mopar. Absolutely stay away from Fram.

It aint hate when its fact. Why use junk when better can be had for the same or less money?
If thinner oil doesnt do the trick the old lifters may just be tum pluckered out.

Back