Critters other mistress..1970 Plymouth Fury 3

$600 to rechrome roadwheel caps or $ 80-100 to powdercoat silver chrome color.....or can use this nos set l have....thoughts ?...like the free part but like the gear style better
002.JPG

$600 to rechrome roadwheel caps or $ 80-100 to powdercoat silver chrome color.....or can use this nos set l have....thoughts ?...like the free part but like the gear style better
View attachment 104578

My opinion is since you are basically trying to preserve the current state of the car, a new rechromed part is going to look out of place, and then you will start to morph this into a much larger and expensive project. Don't get sucked in by the lure of all the new shiny bits. You have one show quality car already.:thumbsup:

View attachment 104578
$600 for just the caps... wow.

I actually like the newer style better, but that doesn't change what belongs there. Follow 300rag's advice and keep this one all weather drivable... You never know when that weekend event will make you decide to leave the pretty one at home at the last minute.

My opinion is since you are basically trying to preserve the current state of the car, a new rechromed part is going to look out of place, and then you will start to morph this into a much larger and expensive project. Don't get sucked in by the lure of all the new shiny bits. You have one show quality car already.:thumbsup:
yer right...plan C.

It just gits better and better everyday....this old boy is fulla surprises...to think l had this up for sale at one time.....not for sale :D
20161119_120518.jpg
20161119_120524.jpg

Wipe of the grease and enjoy the new :rolleyes:
Wonderin if that's original paint....will see when l tackle other one.....back to work...er play

20161119_133757.jpg
20161119_133757.jpg
F.n bolt......coulda bin worse.....don't know what lm whinein about.....

Attachments

• 20161119_135654.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 179
Seems my phone dosnt like it down in the dungeon

Attachments

• 20161119_135654.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 383
Welp top of engine bay delt with.....gotta hit cowl area and clean that out before l put it up on Jacks and crawl under there for a nap....think l saw a hay baIL up in there......typical farmers.....srry Terry

Just when I thought you couldn't get any higher on the "You Suck" list you find this gem .....share the wealth buddy!

Just as l thought......l may not be the only critter in these parts.....
20161119_161305.jpg
20161119_161234.jpg

Inch by inch...........................some may think that's to hard but when yer standing on the job lookin at the project you never think about the half million brick that's gona go into it you just git at her.........

Is the.only one with exception of couple lower valance bolts....ño idea why that one bolt would be so corded as opposed to others....thinkin it's not original bolt or that little aRea behind it looks like a good place for water to pool there at back of bolt........welp time to call it a day.....got a lot done today...finished top of engine compartment and got top of cowl area cleaned of straw and painted...tommorows another day.....

Back