Dodge big trucks

heres my boneyard guys rig still doing a job everyday for him . his light hauler and tow truck . and his hauler . these work daily .
DSC08854.JPG
DSC08885.JPG
DSC08653.JPG

two stroke sliding sleeve engines , rev'd up high rpms then standard diesel 4 strokes . that were the supercharger blowers came from (3-71 4-71 6-71 ect...) . they were used to blow the exhaust out of the engine after the cylinder expended it into the exhaust manifold .

two stroke sliding sleeve engines , rev'd up high rpms then standard diesel 4 strokes . that were the supercharger blowers came from (3-71 4-71 6-71 ect...) . they were used to blow the exhaust out of the engine after the cylinder expended it into the exhaust manifold .

Yeah, that's the disappointing part of seeing a supercharged Detroit. The supercharge part. I was in a 55' plus ship that had sunk & then been raised. Twin Detroit Diesels, supercharged and turbocharged. Interesting, but what a big muddy mess.

The sleeves do not move in a Detroit; the blower gives constant pressurized fresh air and at the bottom of the power stroke the top of the piston passes a circumference of ports in the sleeve and the pressurized air blows the exhaust out the now open valves. As the piston goes up past the ports, the exhaust valves close and the piston compresses the fresh air. There are no intake valves, just the exhaust. It is a 2 stroke; there is no stroke of the piston to draw in fresh air and no stroke to push the exhaust out.

I have 2 6-110s in Allis HD20s and an 8V-71 in my bus. The 6-110s are 6 cylinders at 110 cubic inches per cylinder making it a 660 cubic inch and the 8-71 is a 568.

The 318 in the above post would be a 6-53...

The sleeves do not move in a Detroit; the blower gives constant pressurized fresh air and at the bottom of the power stroke the top of the piston passes a circumference of ports in the sleeve and the pressurized air blows the exhaust out the now open valves. As the piston goes up past the ports, the exhaust valves close and the piston compresses the fresh air. There are no intake valves, just the exhaust. It is a 2 stroke; there is no stroke of the piston to draw in fresh air and no stroke to push the exhaust out.

I have 2 6-110s in Allis HD20s and an 8V-71 in my bus. The 6-110s are 6 cylinders at 110 cubic inches per cylinder making it a 660 cubic inch and the 8-71 is a 568.

The 318 in the above post would be a 6-53...

Actually a "318" is an 8v71 just like your bus with standard timing and N65 injectors. There were various ratings depending on injector timing and injector size, naturally aspirated or turbo.

Kevin

has2b , thanks for that info , knew of them , never dug into them . just grabbed the blowers out them . hey , what do you think about this new cummins twin pistons in a single bore apposing each other with twin cranks for the us army ?

Back