Engine swap should I go 360 or 383

Yes sir I hear you and I understand what you're saying as I have been looking for go fast parts for it for over 2 years and nothing has came up except for a double four barrel manifold that a guy wanted $1,000 for, but you know what I will hold off swapping my engine(unless a deal I can't refuse pops up) till I go to the fall fling mopar show later this year and I will look around and see if they have any parts at the swap meet. Thank you for your input

I would ask anyone who looks like they have, or have had, any early-mid 60s stuff. The crustier looking old guy the better. Ask anyone at the fling swap who looks like they have dirty parts that've been laying around forever. They may have one and didn’t bring it because it’s too heavy any nobody is looking for that.
Travis..

Last edited:
I would ask anyone who looks like they have, or have had, any early-mid 60s stuff. The crustier looking old guy the better. Ask anyone at the fling swap who looks like they have dirty parts that've been laying around forever. They may have one and didn’t bring it because it’s too heavy any nobody is looking for that.
Travis..
Yea I'll give it a shot and see what is out there other than that Im focus on a 360.

Travis..
Would parts from any year poly 318 be compatible to my 66 poly?

I’m not 100% sure there. There were quite a few different displacements in different years and different cars. I’m pretty sure they are the same, but you need to check out those poly sites to be 100% sure of what’s what.
Travis..

I’m not 100% sure there. There were quite a few different displacements in different years and different cars. I’m pretty sure they are the same, but you need to check out those poly sites to be 100% sure of what’s what.
Travis..
I found a dual 4barrel intake for $500 is it even worth getting will it make a difference in power for my poly? Because I'd rather put the $500 towards a 360 if I wouldn't feel a difference from the intake manifold.

I found a dual 4barrel intake for $500 is it even worth getting will it make a difference in power for my poly? Because I'd rather put the $500 towards a 360 if I wouldn't feel a difference from the intake manifold.
Cool factor but would still be slower than the 360

So if I get a 360 la will it bolt up to my stock 727 trans or will I have to change some things?

So if I get a 360 la will it bolt up to my stock 727 trans or will I have to change some things?
Need the correct external balance converter or special adaptor flex plate. Your trans will be an early 19 spline so I'd go the flex plate route

Back