Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s face, we are all “in the market” for the right car at the right price.

When people post stuff that is outside the “C-body” realm (guilty) some members get POed.

I can understand that, but my own personal interests are a little wider (leave u guessing on that).

So I don’t get upset if somebody wants to post stuff that I have no interest in.

That said if people are deliberately posting ads to the Wrong for sale forums they should have their internet knuckles rapped. And made to go to bed without supper.

(Off the soapbox)

If this post offended anyone, then my job for this thread is finished.

We don't need to know about every low line Dodge and Plymouth sedan available across the country, since no one here ever buys them.
I found 3 of my 4 Furys through the for sale section. I'd buy more if I had the room, can't have to many parts cars.
The first thing I noticed about the listings @Wildbunch02 posted were all the 5 figure C bodies. The more for sale ads the better in my opinion.

O.K. lets go the opposite direction of the point of this blog.....yesterday I posted a '63 Dodge 880 that looked pretty fair condition for 2k.....88 people looked at it and zero for comments......its like I'm wasting my time putting it here. More people looked at and blogged to complain on this issue than comment on the car I listed. What then is the real reason for the website.
i gave it a like. it's a nice car but i had nothing constructive to offer.

As long as we're bitching... maybe it's just my hang-up, some form of autism... But do we really have to say "not mine" on every damn sale ad that we repost? It's like nails on a chalkboard. "No ****, I thought you owned 23 cars located all over the country and decided to post them all for sale today."

How about I just assume it's NOT yours, but if it does belong to you, (or your uncle-cousin), just say "This is my car".
once in a while i will post a craigslist ad. i've had people either reply to the post or pm me YEARS later asking if the car is still for sale. i had one guy that was relentless for months trying to buy "my car". i couldn't make him understand that it was a long ago expired craigslist ad. finally a couple of forum members stepped up to my defense. those two words (not mine) have solved all of that.

Hello everyone . I'd like to take this opportunity to respond to this thread since I seem to be the subject of it.
First let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I go by the moniker of Wildbunch02. I am a Train Operator with New York City Transit. I have 15 years in the seat operating in the NYC Subway. My wife is "on the job" as we say up here when you are in civil service. she happens to be a member of New York's finest.
That's pretty personal stuff right there, a lot more than most members say about themselves. I said that to dispel any notion that some of you might have of me, believe me I'm not some dimwitted fool that with nothing to do, I have plenty on my plate.
I have reached a point in my life where I felt that It was time to treat myself right, lets face it, the reality is that most of us have less time and front of us than what is already behind us. I decided that I wanted a C Body, found one, fell in love and made the purchase.
As it turned out the car had some mechanical issues, and since it has been a long time since I fixed anything, I did an internet search which brought me to your forum.
I became a member, posted my cars issues and I was amazed at the responses. The wealth of knowledge and people that where willing to share it was just fabulous. Davelux and Cbody67, you guys should take a bow, I make a point of reading your posts and I thank you for help, there are many others, but these two gentleman stand out.
I followed the forum and wanted to contribute, but my background isn't as an auto technician, nor do I have any knowledge as far as decoding fender tags or the rarity of options and colors. But I did notice cars for sale being posted by the members and decided that this is something that I could do.
Did it get out of hand, yeah it sure did. Was it meant to be spam,no not at all. My motivation was to try and put cars out there that other members may not come across otherwise. There were no ulterior motives, just trying to help others that enjoy this hobby. Believe me there were a lot of hours invested in collecting and posting those ads, I even did a quick check of the forum to try and avoid re-runs.
As for the 'not mine' pet peeve, I agree its pretty silly. Of course I realize that no one thinks that I own all of these cars across the country and decided to put them up for sale on the same day. Believe me , I felt silly writing that, but just so you know there were folks that inquired about to my posts, and yes I politely explained that they weren't mine and moved on. I included that because that is how I saw other ads posted.
Mr. Commando1, I understand that you Iggy'd me, another member informed me that I will be ignored, if that's the case so be it, but let me point out a couple of things to you sir. Earlier this week you replied to the 77 Monaco Station wagon at Copart, which by the way "is not a C Body", I replied that I have a guy that can be of help . I put this out there because of last weeks 74 Monaco Cop car. There was a member that expressed interest but I was at work and I needed to get on my train so there was no sense in bringing up because there was only 40 min left. I want you to know that I was sincere in that offer, I just wanted to help.
I also notice that you come off pretty strong, probably ex-military or law enforcement. I'm pretty sure you read most of the posts and I hope you noticed that I was always respectful of other members and the forum. I never used profanity in my posts as you do , not that it isn't in my vocabulary, just out of respect for the forum and other members.
In summation, If I annoyed you, you have my deepest apologies, if any of you have followed up on those leads and made a purchase, then I'm happy for you. For those of you that PM'd me and spoke kindly of me in this thread I want to thank you for your kind words, it meant a lot.
And last but not least Mr. Commando1, if you really have the balls you say you have, then let this thread run for a couple days. You see there are a lot of really cool people out there I would like to continue to correspond with and if they want they can PM me and I will give them my contact info, I will not contact them because I really dont know how they feel towards me.
I'm going to leave it here, I have an autistic child that occupies my time my morning, he loves going for rides in 'Daddy's old car", yes Carmine I saw your ref.
Goodnight all, Eric

I like looking at the ads. Thank you for wanting to contribute. As long as we follow the rules, we should be able to post. There is no editorial committee here.

I followed the forum and wanted to contribute

I appreciate the sentiment -- but we all know where to find craigslist, ebay, etc and don't need dozens of ads posted here. It just clogs up the site.

If you see one that is somehow remarkable, fine. ie a very rare model that is well restored -- or a real good value -- that kind of thing is fine. Something unusual that the members shouldnt miss... But I don't want FCBO to be a satellite craigslist.

Thanks for your efforts, but try to understand -- it just ends up being clutter.

I appreciate the sentiment -- but we all know where to find craigslist, ebay, etc and don't need dozens of ads posted here. It just clogs up the site.
I don't always have the time to scour the web. I appreciate the results from those that do.
If you see one that is somehow remarkable, fine. ie a very rare model that is well restored -- or a real good value -- that kind of thing is fine. Something unusual that the members shouldnt miss
All this is subjective. "One man's trash is another's treasure".
it just ends up being clutter.
10696 threads in C bodies for sale. A dozen more are going to add clutter?

Personally I draw the line at C bodies. If its not a C body it shouldn't be posted or shared in the for sale section. Do I not appreciate a nice '65 Galaxy or a '66 Impala SS (my first car by the way)? Yes I do and I would go to their respective websites. Remember the name of this site.
As far a clashing personalities, this place is like a family reunion. We all have a similar bond but there is always that one crazy cousin. Here we have a bunch. Lol. I enjoy the diversity.

As long as we're bitching... maybe it's just my hang-up, some form of autism... But do we really have to say "not mine" on every damn sale ad that we repost? It's like nails on a chalkboard. "No ****, I thought you owned 23 cars located all over the country and decided to post them all for sale today."

How about I just assume it's NOT yours, but if it does belong to you, (or your uncle-cousin), just say "This is my car".

I'm still perplexed on the ad title that sometimes includes: "Hide this post" :confused: while you are presenting it to the masses...:confused:

For what it's worth. I appreciate those that scour C.L., Facebook, local paper ads etc. to post here. I don't do any of those sites. Some ads are possible buys, some interesting, some humorous, some pics are just good reference. Not to mention our occasional pokes at some ads and the "where's the hose" game. The "not mine" saves the poster from a lot of PM questions I would imagine. Most stick to "C" bodies ads and it's easy enough just to scroll past if not interested.

If you see one that is somehow remarkable, fine. ie a very rare model that is well restored -- or a real good value -- that kind of thing is fine. Something unusual that the members shouldnt miss... But I don't want FCBO to be a satellite craigslist.

Thanks for your efforts, but try to understand -- it just ends up being clutter.

I agree with you and Stan. It’s clutter.

Yet.....the ads are a great source of documentation for things like fender tags.

When I don’t have time to open and look at every ad, I scroll through them.

The "not mine" saves the poster from a lot of PM questions I would imagine.

I am firmly of the belief you'll never fix the most dimwitted. I used to have more empathy, but I realized that I was just enabling the stupid and preventing a crucial evolutionary step. You know what I'd do if someone sent me a message about a car I re-posted from CL? I'd delete it.

If they aren't bight enough to realize these are re-posts from other sites, two words aren't going to slow their jump to the "send PM" button.

That's probably why it grinds me. I spend so much of my day writing dumbed-down directions (usually having the details ignored) because reading comprehension and critical thinking skills have disappeared and been replaced by warnings that coffee may be hot. (I'm going to include a favorite at the end of this post.)

What I personally like about this forum is that it doesn't suffer fools lightly. And BTW, fool doesn't mean people I disagree with... I've disagreed with people on here, but have respect for their intellect. That respect will force me to reconsider my own opinion.

And then they're those who shotgun parts. I'm thinking they're the engineers I work with who require this helpful instruction for escaping a bathroom stall within a "technology center".

IMG_20181018_081146.jpg

Last edited:
I am firmly of the belief you'll never fix the most dimwitted. I used to have more empathy, but I realized that I was just enabling the stupid and preventing a crucial evolutionary step. You know what I'd do if someone sent me a message about a car I re-posted from CL? I'd delete it.

If they aren't bight enough to realize these are re-posts from other sites, two words aren't going to slow their jump to the "send PM" button.

That's probably why it grinds me. I spend so much of my day writing dumbed-down directions (usually having the details ignored) because reading comprehension and critical thinking skills have disappeared and been replaced by warnings that coffee may be hot. (I'm going to include a favorite at the end of this post.)

What I personally like about this forum is that it doesn't suffer fools lightly. And BTW, fool doesn't mean people I disagree with... I've disagreed with people on here, but have respect for their intellect.

And then they're those who shotgun parts. I'm thinking they're the engineers I work with who require this helpful instruction for escaping a bathroom stall within a "technology center".

View attachment 222486

Who's gonna read it for them?

Hello everyone . I'd like to take this opportunity to respond to this thread since I seem to be the subject of it.
First let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I go by the moniker of Wildbunch02. I am a Train Operator with New York City Transit. I have 15 years in the seat operating in the NYC Subway. My wife is "on the job" as we say up here when you are in civil service. she happens to be a member of New York's finest.
That's pretty personal stuff right there, a lot more than most members say about themselves. I said that to dispel any notion that some of you might have of me, believe me I'm not some dimwitted fool that with nothing to do, I have plenty on my plate.
I have reached a point in my life where I felt that It was time to treat myself right, lets face it, the reality is that most of us have less time and front of us than what is already behind us. I decided that I wanted a C Body, found one, fell in love and made the purchase.
As it turned out the car had some mechanical issues, and since it has been a long time since I fixed anything, I did an internet search which brought me to your forum.
I became a member, posted my cars issues and I was amazed at the responses. The wealth of knowledge and people that where willing to share it was just fabulous. Davelux and Cbody67, you guys should take a bow, I make a point of reading your posts and I thank you for help, there are many others, but these two gentleman stand out.
I followed the forum and wanted to contribute, but my background isn't as an auto technician, nor do I have any knowledge as far as decoding fender tags or the rarity of options and colors. But I did notice cars for sale being posted by the members and decided that this is something that I could do.
Did it get out of hand, yeah it sure did. Was it meant to be spam,no not at all. My motivation was to try and put cars out there that other members may not come across otherwise. There were no ulterior motives, just trying to help others that enjoy this hobby. Believe me there were a lot of hours invested in collecting and posting those ads, I even did a quick check of the forum to try and avoid re-runs.
As for the 'not mine' pet peeve, I agree its pretty silly. Of course I realize that no one thinks that I own all of these cars across the country and decided to put them up for sale on the same day. Believe me , I felt silly writing that, but just so you know there were folks that inquired about to my posts, and yes I politely explained that they weren't mine and moved on. I included that because that is how I saw other ads posted.
Mr. Commando1, I understand that you Iggy'd me, another member informed me that I will be ignored, if that's the case so be it, but let me point out a couple of things to you sir. Earlier this week you replied to the 77 Monaco Station wagon at Copart, which by the way "is not a C Body", I replied that I have a guy that can be of help . I put this out there because of last weeks 74 Monaco Cop car. There was a member that expressed interest but I was at work and I needed to get on my train so there was no sense in bringing up because there was only 40 min left. I want you to know that I was sincere in that offer, I just wanted to help.
I also notice that you come off pretty strong, probably ex-military or law enforcement. I'm pretty sure you read most of the posts and I hope you noticed that I was always respectful of other members and the forum. I never used profanity in my posts as you do , not that it isn't in my vocabulary, just out of respect for the forum and other members.
In summation, If I annoyed you, you have my deepest apologies, if any of you have followed up on those leads and made a purchase, then I'm happy for you. For those of you that PM'd me and spoke kindly of me in this thread I want to thank you for your kind words, it meant a lot.
And last but not least Mr. Commando1, if you really have the balls you say you have, then let this thread run for a couple days. You see there are a lot of really cool people out there I would like to continue to correspond with and if they want they can PM me and I will give them my contact info, I will not contact them because I really dont know how they feel towards me.
I'm going to leave it here, I have an autistic child that occupies my time my morning, he loves going for rides in 'Daddy's old car", yes Carmine I saw your ref.
Goodnight all, Eric

Let's consider another reason people don't pour out their life story here... Because many people aren't trying to one-up each other on the hardship/victim scale. They just want to be treated as equals. If I were handicapped, elderly or disabled in some other way, I'd like occasional escape to a place where people would feel free to call me an "a******" without taking pity.

Let's consider another reason people don't pour out their life story here... Because many people aren't trying to one-up each other on the hardship/victim scale. They just want to be treated as equals. If I were handicapped, elderly or disabled in some other way, I'd like occasional escape to a place where people would feel free to call me an "a******" without taking pity.

As******! :poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back