Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like all the original posts got squashed, so FYI, if anyone wanted more info on that 75 Royal Monaco, I called today. Guy who is selling it seemed like a reasonable person. It's a 360, all original paint, interior, and top. I don't want another smallblock, but I'm only a couple hours away if someone wanted more pictures or inspection of anything in person.

drpreposterous.Today.jpg

BRACE.YOURSELVES.THE.SKY.IS.FALLING.AGAIN.jpg

I appreciate the ads.

Like your child that enjoys dad's car all 4 of mine do too. They also have come to enjoy FCBO so I appreciate the restraint that most everyone exercises in their language. Everyone that we've met in person are outstanding folks.

I appreciate the ads.

Like your child that enjoys dad's car all 4 of mine do too. They also have come to enjoy FCBO so I appreciate the restraint that most everyone exercises in their language. Everyone that we've met in person are outstanding folks.
I appreciate ads posted in FCBO that are significantly more applicable to our specific interests rather than using search engines to repost EVERY C-body in the country.
Don't spam the For Sale section to build up your street cred. You'll get more respect, acceptance, and look less over-ambitious in trying to be cool.

If you want to find every 69-73 Polara, 10 seconds of input on Search Tempest will find you every 69-73 Polara out there. Don't act like a Wannabe.

Last edited:
Coming from somebody that used to wait around the news stand waiting for the Auto Swapper and Auto Trader magazines twice a week as a teen I don’t mind the ads.

By the way, none of those ads that I re-posted were meant to build "street cred" with other members, I actually enjoyed searching them out and re-posting. Just yesterday a member checked in with a purchase he made from an add I re-posted.
I do agree it was way too much, and ruined the experience for some of the other members and I will exercise restraint in the future. Wanting to "look cool" and being a "wannabe" never entered my mind.

Did it get out of hand, yeah it sure did. Was it meant to be spam,no not at all. My motivation was to try and put cars out there that other members may not come across otherwise. There were no ulterior motives, just trying to help others that enjoy this hobby. Believe me there were a lot of hours invested in collecting and posting those ads, I even did a quick check of the forum to try and avoid re-runs.
First of all welcome. A lot of the members here wear their feelings on their sleeves and in the process will alienate new members with their comments. Consider it a form of initiation LOL. I've been here long enough to see us lose several new members with delicate sensibilities. Nice to see you seem to have a thick skin and hopefully will be an old man with a hat one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back