Exhaust sound

I'll make no compromises in driving behavior. It should then be as close as possible to the sound charger.

I'll make no compromises in driving behavior. It should then be as close as possible to the sound charger.
My suggestion then would be to keep the motor 100% stock and use Flowmaster 40's.

family_banner2_lrg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Stan, I'll check them. And of course, the legal loudness regulations here in Germany..!

As I understand, it's based on the idle sound registered on the title. Hm, my car don't have a german title yet...

Found this about Flowmaster 40's:

Exhaust system: 2.5" dual with Flowmaster 40's is way to loud for me! Resonates badly from interior and is loud enough to anger the neighbors just getting out of the driveway. I've switched to Flowmaster 50 SUV and will post results here soon. Still sounds great but interior sound level is much improved!

Last edited by a moderator:

Exhaust system: 2.5" dual with Flowmaster 50 suv is much better than the 40's! Resonance is much lower in the interior and is still loud and pleasing outside. There is still some external resonating at specific rpm levels but any chambered muffler will do that, overall I am very pleased with the outcome. The biggest diference being the lowered internal sound levels, but now I can hear the dash squeeking and all the internal rattles, but still better than the alternative.

Hmpf, that's the next problem... I don't want my interior rattling and rumbling around -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a '96 LT1 with true duals with the 40's.
It was my daily driver, grocery getter, road trip car, do everything car.
It bothered me for about an hour..........

Last edited:
My brown 71 360 had a very similar similar sound to the first one. Cabin noise, drone, couldnt talk to someone in the car and it rattled the windows in the house.... I loved it! Driving alone or our for a cruise with the family........ it was a great sound

My Polara initially had 13" Dynomax super turbos on it. Their main problem was drone, both auditory and seat of the pants, inside the car. I could hear it and feel it at the same time. Very annoying. Lasted three weeks till I could swap them out for the 20" version. Nice sound, no drone.

Back