Facebook group for 1970-71 Polara and Monaco

Walter Joy

Reaction score
4668A954-EA2C-4903-9D2B-9307A9387747.jpeg
After being an active member on many C body forums across the internet, I have noticed that the 1970 and 1971 Polaras and Monacos aren’t really that well publicized. So to fix that, I created a Facebook group solely for it, as it is ran and moderated by owners of these cars.

I always wanted to do something similar but not on Facebook but rather a nice web site.
Since it is on FB, I'm out.

I'm on facebook, only to follow a couple car groups. I haven't added a single friend, follow no one, and never post anything about myself. Not even a profile picture. I just jump on and skim through car information and photos. It's not that bad at all.

I'm on facebook, only to follow a couple car groups. I haven't added a single friend, follow no one, and never post anything about myself. Not even a profile picture. I just jump on and skim through car information and photos. It's not that bad at all.

Well it must be that bad at all if you censor yourself.
FCBO isn't that bad at all.....

Not that I would join but,why just 70-71? I would think a group that only included fuselage Polaras and Monaco’s would be specific enough.

Not that I would join but,why just 70-71? I would think a group that only included fuselage Polaras and Monaco’s would be specific enough.

I wrestled with that idea and still ponder it BUT where does it end? So all Fusey Monacos and Polaras?( 5 years)
Then the Question why not all C Dodges? Then why not all Polaras but some of those were Bs but the 60 had no designation other than full size and now you're in forward look territory. It's endless!

70/71 makes sense but the amount of participants will be very small.

I think the reason that they are not well publicized is that they are not well liked. It seems there is more interest in flashier model c-bodies.
I like them all myself. My favorite is the fusey Polaras.
I don’t think a group that excludes all other c bodies but a handful of the least popular just so the others won’t steal the spotlight would have many members.

Last edited:
I belong to the fury owners group on bookface. About 60% is good stuff. About 40% is people who really wish they had a B body and are trying desperately to make their Fury look good with scoops and stripes. And for forbid it have an LA engine

Interesting initiative. A few comments:

1. That's my car, Medina. I am flattered, but... I am not on FB.

2. The group is your child, so its scope is your call, but why limit the focus to 1970-1971 cars? I have one of each, and they are my favorites, but what about '69 or '72 (or '73) cars? I am with @Triple Pickle here.

3. There is a Yahoo group for all Polaras and Monacos. Its goal is not to publicize the cars but to share knowledge and news. IMHO much better than FB for privacy. Many Yahoo group members are here, but the depth of discussions there is sometimes deeper and threads seldom veer off track. I submit that joining both FCBO and the Yahoo group is really a good idea for Polara and Monaco owners.

4. @BLIMP, despite your self-imposed restrictions, you’d be amazed what info FB still collects about you. Let me guess, you have the app and sometimes check it from your phone? Ouch...

I belong to the fury owners group on bookface. About 60% is good stuff. About 40% is people who really wish they had a B body and are trying desperately to make their Fury look good with scoops and stripes. And for forbid it have an LA engine
Yeah, it’s a 383 minimum, 440 to win world. 383’s better not be a 2bbl. And that 440 better not be a boat anchor cast cranker!

Anybody here reading this thread a member of the old Yahoo Group NewYorkerOnline? A small (of course) bunch of guys really, REALLY into Formal Chrysler's, a couple of who have joined FCBO (Mr C and Kip Gardner).
I really miss that old group.

Right, the hard core guys belonged to the Yahoo groups . Some here, Fratzog ,myself and a few others have been there for almost 20 years .

Thanks for all the feedback. Reason it is solely 1970 and 1971 Polaras and Monacos is because that’s what I own and that’s what Wyatt Baxa (71Polara383) own. When I go through different forum groups, I see a lot of posts about C bodies pre-1970 and post-1971. I’m not opposed to them, and all are welcome, but I wanted to create a page where the main focus is on these cars. Plus, we all have been touched by one at least. I’ve found a lot of these cars are now in Europe, and I’ve managed to find 3 1970 440 Polara Convertible owners, out of the 10 built.
And finally, it’s a place for inspiration. My car is far from good looking. I see all these cars on my page with no rust and clean paint, and it makes me happy and inspired to get mine on the road.

Thanks for all the feedback. Reason it is solely 1970 and 1971 Polaras and Monacos is because that’s what I own and that’s what Wyatt Baxa (71Polara383) own. When I go through different forum groups, I see a lot of posts about C bodies pre-1970 and post-1971. I’m not opposed to them, and all are welcome, but I wanted to create a page where the main focus is on these cars. Plus, we all have been touched by one at least. I’ve found a lot of these cars are now in Europe, and I’ve managed to find 3 1970 440 Polara Convertible owners, out of the 10 built.
And finally, it’s a place for inspiration. My car is far from good looking. I see all these cars on my page with no rust and clean paint, and it makes me happy and inspired to get mine on the road.

Where the Hell did you get 10 440 1970 polara convertibles built ? You are about 70 short but I'm sure Wyatt told you that.

I was just going off the information from an owner of one. I don’t know exact numbers, but they are rare

The 383-4 engines are more rare than the the 440 cars by 60 + . They only made 19 of those and only 5 are known.

Good point Michel....!

Back