Formal Dashes - Something I have not seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
These are not the carpetted "toupees".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-78-DOD...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c39e8b006&vxp=mtr

721574223_o.jpg

Possibly a cheaper option than Just Dashes...these look like they're for F/ M bodies (Volare, Diplomat etc.)

That's not something I would slap over my existing dash pad.

Actually I bought one for my MGB a couple of years ago from the same company. It looks really nice, but the MG cover is simpler. It is a hard plastic with a slightly softer texture feel. It is a nice quick fix and I planned to enjoy until I decided to do something else. I have no plans now to do anything else now. I would buy from them again, and look 1000x better that the carpet ****.

I don't know how they restore your dash pad, but keep in mind you put this stuff on with contact cement so I would think you would do this to a dash that is already toast and you don't plan on repairing. Although if it is a set rate on the restoration maybe it wouldn't matter. It's base is hard plastic so big cracks and chunks missing from the dash will not effect the look of the new cover.

You've got it.
Roofs are caving in like crazy with all this snow and ice...

Here we go again....

I'm out of the roofing game but my former partner is killing it.

I don't know how they restore your dash pad, but keep in mind you put this stuff on with contact cement so I would think you would do this to a dash that is already toast and you don't plan on repairing. Although if it is a set rate on the restoration maybe it wouldn't matter. It's base is hard plastic so big cracks and chunks missing from the dash will not effect the look of the new cover.

Their process is similar to the factory process so you end up with a brand new dash pad.

ARE YOU FREAKIN NUTS???????? WTF ROSS!!!
$50k down the freakin toilet.
Mannnnnnnnnn............

jesus_facepalm.jpeg

OK, then. Fair enough. Seriously, I wish you the best in success. You're the type of guy who can do it!
I just needed to show my shock for a minute till I grasped the big picture.

Good plan, react first & think later... ;)

Thanks for the congrats though. I am REALLY excited & the business is off to a fantastic start.

Good luck with your new venture Ross. I can completely understand the no more employees thing. I have had 8 to 0 and will probably never have more than just one. Too many headaches for me I am much happier now. I have only had one employee for the last 12 years but I am also one of the laborers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back