GJS's 1967 Dodge Monaco 500: Beverly

Hello GJS. Did you find this car in Texas. I looked at one just like this back last summer. The one I looked at was an untouched original. Needed some TLC, but lot of potential, especially being a 4bbl 383.

Hope it goes well for you.
She is from Texas and likely the one you saw. The seller had been sitting on it for a while intending to restore it but never got around to it.
It's definitely a solid example. She's suffered a few haphazard repairs and touch ups but nothing catastrophic. Thanks man!

IMG_2470.JPG
Ok fellas. Flying back from the beach. Nuff of this sand in the shoe, time for some grime under tha nails.

:wideyed:I want to go to there....
It's a funny place. My only standards for vacation is hot and ocean. That I got. The whole resort thing doesn't do well by me... I always feel like I'm in an episode of The Prisoner... but the hot and the ocean and booze took care of all that.

Turks and Caicos. Some friends were getting hitched down there so we tagged along.

sweeeeet. :thumbsup:

It's a funny place. My only standards for vacation is hot and ocean. That I got. The whole resort thing doesn't do well by me... I always feel like I'm in an episode of The Prisoner... but the hot and the ocean and booze took care of all that.

:lol:

IMG_2536.JPG

Gotta do one vanity related thing for every 10 mechanical achievement.
BV (Beverly and the car was built at the Belvedere plant) 51 (car was ordered 12/1 but what can you do) 66 (of 1966). .. 67 plates (1967 year of make)... you get it.

Drained all the oil, pulled the balancer and timing chain cover.. timing chain was definitely toast. Fuel pump and oil pump is out. All that's left to do is drop the pan, find TDC #1, clean a bunch and get it back together.
Nice day!

One of my favorites. The wife gives me that look every time I play it with the youngin' in the vehicle. Has something with him being in Catholic school and all that... I usually tune out when the gabbing starts.

So after a sorta stupid time with the oil pan 1967 Monaco 383 oil pan drop She is as apart as she will get for this leg of the journey.
Lots of cleaning and prep work to go before reassembly but the scary part where you see things you don't want to see is done .. and I ain't seen anything terrible.
Hope to throw a decent chunk of time at her this weekend!

IMG_2588.JPG

Back