Headers. Why?

I do see a very important need for headers on the street.
We need to recapture the youth and return their attention to American iron and if shiny eye candy does it, so be it.
Sad world when "VTEC" has higher name recognition than "tri-power".

We need to recapture the youth and return their attention to American iron and if shiny eye candy does it, so be it.

I appreciate the 50s-70s era. The machines and way of life in general. I try not to hate on the younger generation, like my parents did on my cars and music.

I can't,however help it.Every time I'm on the phone in traffic and some fart can ricer drives up next to me revving his engine, I want to just smash him into a guardrail.

I just lost all respect for you ...

Here you go.....

This is based on perfect weather conditions, at sea level, and no traction problems...

Wallace Racing - ET/MPH/HP Calculator
[SIZE=-1]Weight is as the car sits on the line: driver and gas in it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The answers below will be for at sea level and standard pressure/temperature.
(no weather correction).[/SIZE]
Calculate ET and MPH from HP and Weight
WeightHP
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 4500 pounds and HP of 500 is12.12 seconds and MPH of 111.54 MPH.

You really think that car weighs 4.5K and only has 500 HP?

May be, I don't know but i think maybe it weighs < 4K or not much more and has more HP, and it hooks and transfers the weight pretty damn good. I"m sure you know more about racing, and this car than I though

I'm thinking around < 10.99 like Dave said ... and that's still a 10 second car in most peoples general benchracing speak

I'll bet it's closer to 10.99 or under than 12.12 .. it's not that hard to get into the 11s if the car is set up right and has some power and that one does

FYI a 572 Crate Hemi has 650 HP .. and he's worked on the carburetion .. what does your calculator say about that and a 4K car?

I enjoy the fact that nobody gets really bent when (not if) the threads spiral out of control. It's kinda like having coffee in the morning with your friends.

That, the love of learning, and love of C bodies is why I'm here

The flow and pace of conversation is like garage bullshitting, parts store lying, or coffee shop bench racing, or whatever kind of feel is the #1 reason

Are we complete now??

attachment.php

May be, I don't know but i think maybe it weighs < 4K or not much more and has more HP, and it hooks and transfers the weight pretty damn good. I"m sure you know more about racing, and this car than I though

I'm thinking around < 10.99 like Dave said ... and that's still a 10 second car in most peoples general benchracing speak

I'll bet it's closer to 10.99 or under than 12.12 .. it's not that hard to get into the 11s if the car is set up right and has some power and that one does

FYI a 572 Crate Hemi has 650 HP .. and he's worked on the carburetion .. what does your calculator say about that and a 4K car?

The car does weigh 4500 lbs and even at 650 HP at sea level with perfect air....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Weight is as the car sits on the line: driver and gas in it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The answers below will be for at sea level and standard pressure/temperature.
(no weather correction).
[/SIZE][/FONT]
WeightHP
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 4500 pounds and HP of 650 is11.10 seconds and MPH of 121.74 MPH.

No way is it in the 10's......no back half work what so ever! As soon as the tree turns green......it'll just spin the tires. At a 10.99 ET he would have to have a minimum of a 1.527 sixty foot time which he'll never hit in that car with the stock back half suspension.

bugger me this thread did go ballistic...

Sadly i read way too many articles and forums to remember where i saw a back to back test on the different manifolds, but obviously every motor is different in its breathing requirements, possibly the shorties i saw tested had a smaller diameter...

A 10 sec C is truely a huge amount of horsepower - nitrous or forced would be the "easiest" way

I want to not turn the post, but I am impressed that this topic has such energy! I commend Commando for having such insight regarding a topic!

The car does weigh 4500 lbs and even at 650 HP at sea level with perfect air....

[SIZE=-1]The answers below will be for at sea level and standard pressure/temperature.
(no weather correction).
[/SIZE]
WeightHP
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 4500 pounds and HP of 650 is11.10 seconds and MPH of 121.74 MPH.

No way is it in the 10's......no back half work what so ever! As soon as the tree turns green......it'll just spin the tires. At a 10.99 ET he would have to have a minimum of a 1.527 sixty foot time which he'll never hit in that car with the stock back half suspension.

My 71 four door sedan weighed 4100 pounds with a heavy tool box in the trunk and full tank of gas with a big block....nobody in it

One guy couldn't lift that tool box. As I remember it, at that time the car had no carpet in it

69 440 Polara curb weight.jpg

His car has no A/C, No Power brakes, no Power Steering, aluminum Heads, aluminum intake, water pump housing/pump, an aluminum rad, headers vs Iron manifolds, and battery relocated to trunk (weight transfer)

69 440 Polara curb weight.jpg

(no weather correction).
[/SIZE]
WeightHP

emoticonbigsmile.gif

emoticonbigsmile.gif

Back