Higher output alternator

So, with my electric fan on i constantly saw 11.9volts, even when driving. I just bit the bullet and shelled out the money for a powermaster alternator. The spec sheet says "57amp idle" "92amp cruise". Bolted the thing in and wow. I get a 13.9volt when just idling and when I turn on everything on the car it goes to 14.4 volts. Im happy with that, hopefully that charges my battery better so that its not draining all the time...

I have put a second wire directly from the alternator output to the battery. Its more of a short mock up at the moment still have to replace that with a thicker wire and fuse. I might be doing that tomorrow.

I know I am YEARS behind in this post but I too am looking to upgrade my alternator to a 60amp on my 69 300. I read your thread just now and judging from your last post in the thread your 60amp is working good. I want to ask is it still working? What kind of alternator did you get?

I know I am YEARS behind in this post but I too am looking to upgrade my alternator to a 60amp on my 69 300. I read your thread just now and judging from your last post in the thread your 60amp is working good. I want to ask is it still working? What kind of alternator did you get?
The question I always ask is "do you really need to do this?"

Do you have extra current draws like a stereo amp or electric fans? If you don't have things like that, there's no reason to need a higher output alternator.

Yes added a stereo system. I have two amps mounted in the trunk. I was told to get the 110 mopar alternator but I don’t think I need that much I really don’t wanna have to change out all the wiring and everything I feel like a 60amp is sufficient and i can still keep the regulator installed with it

Back