Im close to going Ford

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a hidden passion for the 67 Ford Galaxie 500. It comes from the car my dad had before his first Dodge. As a teen There was a local convertible that I wanted. If the guy had sold it to me I would have been a Ford guy and I'd have known none of yous (Jersey vernacular).
If I can't locate a 70/71 Polara soon I may cross the line.

Screenshot_20240601_120930_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240601_120857_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240601_120843_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240601_120827_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240601_120813_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240601_120759_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Nice car. My father had a ’65 Galaxie 500 back in the day when it was new. A light blue 4d sedan. For some reason I never felt attached to it, even though I went to pick it up from the dealer with him as a kid. The ’61 and ’62 T-birds are the only phords I’d ever, ever consider.

Nice, My non Mopar dream car is a 65 or 66 Pontiac Gran Prix! Just love the sleek styling of them.

That Galaxie is very very nice. I had the 68-69 Torino/Fairlane fastback and 72-73 Mustang bug when I was younger. Owned a bunch in my 20's. I still love that styling...But, I would never go back after having Imperials.

Whew I thought you were switching to an F250 and I would have to do an intervention :poke:This car I wouldn't say no to. Tri-power 390 4 speed thank you very much.

If I were to change brands, I would go after this one, although it isn't a convertible.......................................

As a chrysler man at heart, I have always liked most of the 60's american mades! They ALL had their own personalitys and distinct styles. I guess my least favs were buicks and olds. Ive always wanted a 69 caprice or inpala SS 427, or 69 grand prix with 428! I just Love the classics!

Nice Ford. Lot of the right boxes were checked on that ride.
If not Mopar, my choice would be 65 thru 67 Pontiac with the '67 2+2 with 428 4-speed hard top at the top of the list.

one my list a long time, never pulled trigger, time (approaching retirement now) and nse-bleed market values (now seem to be spiking) over that time I dawdled are now against me.

1969 Buick Riviera GS .. any color, rally wheels, and console (all GS's may have been), prefer darker ones.

1969 riviera.jpg

1969 Revieira 2.jpg
1969 Reiviera 3.jpg

1969 Reiviera 4.jpg

1717268205297.png

source: 1969 Buick Riviera Market - CLASSIC.COM

I saw this very nice semi-custom '64 Galaxie 500 at the Glendale Bob's Big Boi cruise-in last month.... with @Boydsdodge.

To join the FoMoFo crowd though .... what's one to say about that....

IMG_6969.JPEG

As much as I really like the ford styling, I think you will quickly realize how superior the Chrysler suspension and brakes are to the Ford. Fords are also much more difficult to work on compared to Chrysler products.

I saw this very nice semi-custom '64 Galaxie 500 at the Glendale Bob's Big Boi cruise-in last month.... with @Boydsdodge.

To join the FoMoFo crowd though .... what's one to say about that....

View attachment 663941

I really like the 64s. Though I think I'd have to go 70 Torino before the 64. I love those 67s.

I need a Polara soon or I may explode .

If there were no Chrysler products for me to choose from and I was to stray, I think I'd go mid 60s Pontiac, Ford...

i could be in many more "clubs" (Ford, Merc, Lincolns, Pontiac, Chevrolet, etc.,) and fortunately have owned/still own many of the things I like. Like many of y'all, just luv that old iron. Its a sickness. :poke:

For me, its all US "Big Three" makes, biggest V8s they made, and lotsa sheet metal (hoods the size of a flat bottom iron ore carrier on the Detroit River :)) -- with some "pony cars" mixed in with the luxo-barges.

my reach has always exceeded my grasp, nevertheless. so, as I wind down after 40 years in the hobby with my advancing age, there still is stuff I "long for and chase from afar" ... and will never acquire.

frustrating, yet I am happy in a way. Babies and foolish gearheads, like me, find Providence as "old men" sometimes.

there's peace in light... :poke:

Last edited:
If I could , I would have one of these ...Jensen Intercepter. Still has a Mopar heart:steering:
1971_Jensen_Interceptor_MkII,_front_left_(USA).jpg

Back