Im close to going Ford

My first car, not by choice was a 68 Mercury Cougar XR7. It was a nice little cars. Then years later I bought a cheap 1970 Mercury Marauder X100. It was the most hated color combination-the light mist green with a dark green interior. This was one bad *** car. High compression 429 4 barrel bucket seats auto on the floor and this SOB would scream. I traded it to my Ford buddy for a 73 Newport with a HP 440. I do wish I had another.

Do the big Fords have the same parts availability problems as our C bodies?

After the first dozen rows of 2015+ Mustangs I was pretty much done. Mustangs and Raptors. There were some cool old Broncos and Cougars, but I did not see any Galaxie 500's, they must have left by the time I got there on Saturday. The swaps were useless, but then again I was looking for parts for the wife's T-bird, mostly unobtainium. I think I need to go to a Jaguar swap to find what I need, lol.

Keep looking Dave, you are going to find that Polara, I know it!
The Galaxies, Torinos, Cyclones and Fairlanes were in the first couple rows by Gate #3 and all surrounding rows were Mustangs.

First car was a Chrysler, many others followed, with a few Dodge Phoenix models thrown in the mix, but as time went on they were all sold and replaced with newer cars, Fords mainly as they still made them here until 2016, Chrysler Australia was sold to the japs and the last one was made in 1981. Not much to choose from now, the old Mopars are quite expensive, as are all the chrome bumper cars, parts for them, etc. The older cars are magnets for thieves so they're mostly locked away with very few used on a daily basis, so slim pickings, unlike in the USA where there are still huge numbers of affordable pre-1980 cars.

If I was Jonesing real bad for a Polara, the green 69 in Lima Ohio for $12K looks like a sweet ride.After you would buy it the odds of finding that 70-71 in your colors would go up dramatically according to the laws of **** happens.If the 69 is as nice as it looks,im sure you would get your money back even if it is green(doesnt bother me but not my favorite)

Do the big Fords have the same parts availability problems as our C bodies?
Worse, you have to know the manufactured date, if the guy had red socks on the day your car was made, what was the weather that day, if the supervisor was in the can they may have snuck the old recall part on your car, the list goes on. All because they will make multiple changes in any given year.
I think they just change **** to change it.

Any one of these classics would look good in my front yard!

IMG_4394.jpeg

IMG_4395.jpeg

IMG_4396.jpeg

IMG_4397.jpeg

IMG_4398.jpeg

IMG_4399.jpeg

IMG_4400.jpeg

IMG_4401.jpeg

Back