I'm not a metal man but...

What's happening here?... it's gonna be Spray Day !..soon

IMG20240725194659.jpg

Finally.. Baron painted! .. and I'm HAPPY !!
What a job, last week was hectic, Friday was colour day and then removing body parts for side surface painting. I left home at 8 pm Friday evening and back to work at 3.30 am Saturday morning, then more masking and first 2 layers of clear was sprayed at 2 pm, then 2 hours drying and then 1 layer and then 4 hours drying and then last layer of clear. Went home at midnight. Next good time to drying and then wet sand and polishing.
Body work, may I say, looks quite nice and I happy with that. Love the colour!
There is some green, dark blue and even some violet depending on light.
It's been almost 30 years since last this kind of over spray and clear coat was new to me, so first layer was too thin and it doesn't lay down nicely so there's some orange peel but there's clear enough for polishing.
I was doing this at our factory meanwhile other workers have a summer vacation.
Lucky to have big enough painting booth.
Pressure pot is handy with big cars!

IMG20240723134924.jpg

IMG20240723134852.jpg

IMG20240726123014.jpg

IMG20240726122959.jpg

IMG20240726124630.jpg

IMG20240727121431.jpg

IMG20240727121420.jpg

IMG20240727121410.jpg

IMG20240727225613.jpg

WOW! :thumbsup: Looks fantastic! Great looking spray booth too!
Thanks guys!
About spray booth, it's actually trying room between two smaller spray booth, each one have intake and outgoing fans with inverter control, one end intake on and an other end outgoing fan on , not ideal but work better than expected...
Some lightning added, exposition safe versions of course because of regulation.

What an insanely beautiful color and nice work too!:thumbsup:
Thanks Matt.. again!
Colour is special mix, my wife said: we don't need an other turquoise car...me: of course not honey.... what happens..I did several colour samples, but best was this one, so let's say it's not a turquoise it's PETROL!!:lol:
Wife just turned her head and said: ...what can you do, I give up! :rofl:

Thanks Matt.. again!
Colour is special mix, my wife said: we don't need an other turquoise car...me: of course not honey.... what happens..I did several colour samples, but best was this one, so let's say it's not a turquoise it's PETROL!!:lol:
Wife just turned her head and said: ...what can you do, I give up! :rofl:
Well, since actual petrol floating on water has that iridescent look to it…

Man, what a gorgeous color and superb job!

Back