Lets Play A Game: Last Of The Convertibles

FP6 color = Frosted Teal Metallic. That must look really good in the sunlight with the white interior. Do you have any better pics in the daylight?
Yes it looks fantastic! I don’t have any additional pics at this time. Been in my friends garage for 4 years working on it slowly to get back on the road. When I get it back on the ground I will have more pics for sure.

Thank you @1970300vert for posting the tag of CM27T0C192222 — great original color combo! SBD of February 4, 1970.

PM27L0D196220 is currently for sale in Vancouver, BC. Thanks to @boostedvan for alerting us that the car was for sale!

Canadian market car (C VON) with a SBD of Feb. 4, 1970 (the VIN tag on the door confirms it was made in February 1970). Very nicely equipped ER6 red Fury iii 'vert with V3X black top and M6XA C16 C55 black vinyl buckets and console. Front B41 power disc brakes, too.

View attachment 606050
PM27L0D196224 not 20 — sorry for the typo.

Thank you Ayilar. Would you be able to help me to decode that build tag?

I used this decoder to decode your tag. Results shown below:

Mopar Fender Tag Decoder

Decoding of Fender Tag: Botttom to Top, Left to Right
CodeDescription
E85440-4 Barrel
D32H-D A-727 TorqueFlite Trans / Some Years A-998
CM27C = Chrysler
M = Medium
27 = Convertible
T0CT = Unknown
0 = 1970
C = Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA
192222Sequence Number '192222'
FP6Paint Code: Frosted Teal Irid
M6XWTrim Grade/Style/Color
M = Medium
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X = Black
EW1Upper Door Frame: White / Alpine White
204Date Built: 2 / 04 / 1970
165404Order Number: 165404
V9WRoof Type OR Color: White Bumblebee Stripe
R22AM w/ 8-Track
R31Duel Rear Speaker w/ R85
P31Power Windows
L31Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
C21Center Seat Foldown Armrest
851Unknown At This Time
G11Tinted Glass All
V78Accent Stripes - Delete

Last edited:
The T is 440 350 horse
Pretty sure that is B51, not 851, which is power brakes
Correct on both counts. B51 all-way power drum brakes, and in 1970 T effectively repeats the info from E85.

PS: V3W (not V9W) is white vinyl soft top. Perfect color combo!

Last edited:
M6XW is a predominantly white vinyl bucket seat interior with black instrument panel, black steering wheel and black carpet.

On convertibles, only a single rear seat speaker was available.

Correct on both counts. B51 all-way power drum brakes, and in 1970 T effectively repeats the info from E85.

PS: V3W (not V9W) is white vinyl soft top. Perfect color combo!
So this car is supposed to have black seats but white door panels? All the seats in the car are white and all the interior panels are white.

M6XW is a predominantly white vinyl bucket seat interior with black instrument panel, black steering wheel and black carpet.

On convertibles, only a single rear seat speaker was available.
Ok this makes sense. This exactly as the car is.

Here's my 70 vert.

fury tag.jpg

fury tag 2.jpg

PM27G0D203850 is a new one to me, thank you for posting! SBD was Feb. 16, 1970. Citron metallic with black top and interior, that is a sharp combo! I like the photos you posted back in 2014, if you have any update we'd all love to see them.

It would be great if you could post more about the car's history. Cheers!

PM27G0D203850 is a new one to me, thank you for posting! SBD was Feb. 16, 1970. Citron metallic with black top and interior, that is a sharp combo! I like the photos you posted back in 2014, if you have any update we'd all love to see them.

Bought at auction. Original owner passed and left his entire estate to Easter seals. He had 3 cars. Somebody wanted one of the others. Easter seals made him buy the whole estate for that car. He auctioned everything else off. I bought it to flip it. But fell in love with it. That was 2014.
We retired in 2020. So last three years I went thru it all. Rebuilt the 318, 904 with shift kit and 8.75 axle. All new carrier bearings with green axle bearings. Whole new front suspension, motor/tranny mounts. disc brake upgrade, new fuel tank, fuel lines and brake lines. New master cylinder and proportioning valve. New carb and intake (4 barrel), power master alt.and starter. Electronic ignition upgrade. Headers and dual exhaust. Every part that came off was bead blasted and repainted. I wire brushed the underneath and repainted it.
First drive was to a car show 50 miles away. That first drive is always fun and nerve racking all at the same time. She made it there and back with no problems. Had to rejet the carb a few times along with a power valve over the last month. But finally got her dialed in.
Next project is a 76 Power wagon from Oklahoma. 400 4 speed.
I'm living the dream.

20230728_141534.jpg

20230728_141551.jpg

20230728_141607.jpg

20230728_141620.jpg

20230728_141641.jpg

Good evening, sorry for being late to the party (I was busy doing a bunch of nothing today). Here is a pic of ours and a couple of pic's of the engine bay. We have been cleaning it up but it has been a long slow slog.

70 Chrysler 2.jpg

70 Chrysler 1.jpg

70 Chrysler 3.jpg

Thank you for posting about CM27T0C106747 — great to see a current photo of the tag (here is the tag in a prior incarnation, when it was painted black).

Early car with an SBD of August 26, 1969.

Thanks. Good looking car. Do you know any history on the car? Is their a broadcast sheet or window sticker available?
Good evening, I do have a few minor things on the cars history (so far). It looks that from 1973 till 1997 it lived in southern Calif. after that it lived in the Pacific north west. Portland area and was owned by an older couple that were early 1970's Mopar fans until 2022. I haven't looked into the cars first 3 years yet but will do that soon. If anyone knows of a way to track the cars first 3 years, Please let me know. The condition of the car seems to back that up as it is rust free and had a California emissions engine fuel/timing upgrade info data decal dated 3/10/73 under the hood (which we were able to save) and Calif. emissions pass decals on the lower right side of the windshield. It still has Oregon plates on it with the renewal stickers dating from 1997 to 2023. I do have some doc's for it but I don't think they will help much. I'll update if I find anything new. Thanks!!

Thank you for posting about CM27T0C106747 — great to see a current photo of the tag (here is the tag in a prior incarnation, when it was painted black).

Early car with an SBD of August 26, 1969.
You had to remind me of how bad it looked? It was pretty bad but is getting better (slowly). Soon hopefully the under hood stuff will be done and the trunk will be finished. BUT on the bright side I have found that the car is numbers matching!! I never would of thought that but it is. Thanks

Man, thats is either really really late or more likely a very early '70. anyone know when production model changeover took place? :dontknow:

edit: I'm gonna say the 003?78 vehicle order # makes it an early '70
I remember the new models always showed up on the dealership floor in September of the prior year, so an August build date would fit that scenario.

Back