Looks like there's some controversy about letting the Carlisle show happen...

F5741C60-EB69-4141-9135-A2C3DBE2BA8F.jpeg

It would appear the events lawyers may have had the state over a barrel and the state didn't want it to get out.
Hence the confidentiality agreement.

Generally when the lawyers get involved, everything gets screwed up twice as bad as it was to start with.

Dave

Controversy.....too late, Chrysler’s at Carlisle took place, and the **** stirrers at news 11 can shove it. Carlisle Events proceeded with what the health department allowed to take place.

I figure they're looking to throw someone under the bus. Maybe we'll have to stage a rio..er..I mean rally and everyone can drive their Chryslers down to Harrisburg and clog up the streets with them. (I think that'd be pretty fun actually!)

btw, sorry if there was already a thread on this. I did search on "Carlisle" before posting but didn't see it. Please post a link to the thread

Controversy.....too late, Chrysler’s at Carlisle took place, and the **** stirrers at news 11 can shove it. Carlisle Events proceeded with what the health department allowed to take place.
Yes, but there are other events coming up and all this controversy isn't about the Chrysler show, it all happened at Spring Carlisle. The Chrysler, Ford and GM shows came after that.

Corvettes at Carlisle is in August and Fall Carlisle is in September. Both of those events are huge. IIRC, the Corvette show is larger than the Mopar show.

If those get cancelled, it's not going to go well for anyone there and could possibly cause some issues for us next year.

Maybe Channel 11 should worry about Governor Wolf, giving his furniture business a pass. He deemed his furniture business essential during this covid event
Pure scum

I actually attended both the Chrysler Nationals and the Corvette Nationals at Carlisle in 2019. I find the Chrysler Nationals to have more activities and the people are friendlier. With the Chrysler show there are so many brands and models that there is something different to see while working around. The corvette show is one model, in 8 generations, so after 3 days it all becomes repetitive.

I actually attended both the Chrysler Nationals and the Corvette Nationals at Carlisle in 2019. I find the Chrysler Nationals to have more activities and the people are friendlier. With the Chrysler show there are so many brands and models that there is something different to see while working around. The corvette show is one model, in 8 generations, so after 3 days it all becomes repetitive.
I've attended both too.

They are just different. I think you are right about friendlier, but it's not like it's a bad experience. The Corvette guys tend to be more about having the work done and there are a lot of vendors doing exhaust installs and that type of thing. Actually, it's very similar to what Carlisle would be like if they just had metric Challengers.

Not a lot of vendors selling used parts. To their credit, you will see a ton of Corvettes that come in and park on the fun field. One thing you don't see there is the 300 lb girl that's falling out of her too tight/short/low clothes while she's walking down the aisle eating a corn dog.

If you poke around looking into this, at least my take, is that the stink is not directed at Carlisle, but the governor. That is where the stink needs to be directed at. he has behaved like a dictator through and through. The shame is we are stuck with him for another 2 years.

Back