Loving life! 2 years since my 67 Imperial GM full-size Disc Brake upgrade!

Hello, sorry for long delay , I'm not down in Arizona since April back in Canada for summer and my Lake Cabin in northern Saskatchewan and did not have good internet , offline so to speak, this week they put up a new cell tower and presto connected again. I have owned many GM vehicles and owned a professional tuning race car shop since the early 1990's, now retired. I have put these GM brakes on other cars and trucks, even on my 1965 Valiant Barracuda back in the day so I new that the adaptor to go to this brake is a flat plane not 3 dimensional as most other setups. I got the drawing and put it all together , thinking to just sell the adaptor plates and let everyone else make up their own spacers and bolts and brake lines. Easy after that or I could supply the plates and the spacers and the rest is just off the shelf parts at any parts store. Anyone who wants to get the parts to fix their Imperial can PM me and we can work out what the cost would be for the parts.

View attachment 677467

View attachment 677468

View attachment 677469
Thanks. Beautiful Imperial.

Yes, the GM D52 caliper is a fabulous thing, especially its flat-plate mounting.

Did you find it an easy combination to make?
In my dabbling, I'm finding that the rotor hat-heights and rotor thickness really affect how thick the adapter plate is, or if it will even fit.

But I'm trying to fit an ~11" rotor in a 14" wheel, so that's less forgiving.
The 11" mid-70s A-B-E rotor fits the C-body drum spindle perfectly, but does not allow the adapter plate to fit, it puts the bolts into the ID of hte rotor area.
IIRC the plate was very close to rubbing the rotor, too.

Last edited:
Back