Meet Regina FQ3, a 1970 Polara convertible who turns 51 today

Not at that show, but since you asked.....

2020-04-16_135326.jpgCuda on dyno.jpgCuda.jpgDatsun and Cuda.jpgSelling the Cuda.jpgTara Cuda-Spring 81.jpg
1718589668856.jpeg

By popular request, here is another photo of Regina that shows her sporting the NOS correct RHS mirror:

1727470697483.png

By popular request, here is another photo of Regina that shows her sporting the NOS correct RHS mirror:

View attachment 684091
What have you done to Regina since you acquired he in terms of appearance - or was the paint, for example, that good when you got her? Top looks new and it looks like Road Wheels were added or maybe it came with them when you took ownership as well? You know that is one of my favorite colors at least. Gorgeous.

What have you done to Regina since you acquired he in terms of appearance - or was the paint, for example, that good when you got her? Top looks new and it looks like Road Wheels were added or maybe it came with them when you took ownership as well? You know that is one of my favorite colors at least. Gorgeous.
Paint was that good when I bought the car. It is really sharp. Ditto for the top -- it had already been replaced under prior ownership.

The road wheels are indeed new to the car. Regina had nice road wheels in a previous life, but at the time when I bought her she sported aftermarket 14-in wheels instead. I found road wheels in Regina's trunk, but they were not great so I acquired a good set and the correct center caps, which @71Polara383 then installed. The lug nuts are also new: they are the correct repops that you had recommended.

Last edited:
You really know how to make a great car in the beginning even much better with that choice of new convertible top color and a nice set of road wheels too. Super!

You really know how to make a great car in the beginning even much better with that choice of new convertible top color and a nice set of road wheels too. Super!
Thank you for the kind words. The top is new, but the color is correct (same as when she came off the factory line): V3X -- see her fender tag below.

One a side note, her sequence number is an anagram: 148841 in DL27L0D148841

1727472880589.png

Back