My neighbor ruined my plans

Let’s be nice, everyone.

I don’t care about the truck or any of their business with it except it has no insurance when the driver backed into a rare 1 of 14,000 made classic car. The fact is it could have been any car that it happened to, just unfortunately it was one of mine.
Agreed

So as Carlisle draws near I am yet again thwarted by outside forces. So as I am rearranging the cars so I can get the Imperial to the garage my neighbor backs up into the car. He said he was going slow.
Sure….

No insurance and expired registration, driving his mom’s Chevy HD 4500. The rear door glass exploded and the hit was so hard I found glass on the passenger side of the car.

I will be filing a claim and I will likely be taking him to court.

View attachment 655399

View attachment 655400

View attachment 655401

View attachment 655402

View attachment 655403

View attachment 655404

View attachment 655405

View attachment 655406
TOTALLY SUCKS.
You are right to take him to court. Mommy's boy needs to learn a lesson. If he really has money to fix the damage, he should have used that money to pay for insurance.

As to the idea that this could be pulled with a dent puller, LOL. Your body man is right. New door.
1713066033353.png

TOTALLY SUCKS.
You are right to take him to court. Mommy's boy needs to learn a lesson. If he really has money to fix the damage, he should have used that money to pay for insurance.

As to the idea that this could be pulled with a dent puller, LOL. Your body man is right. New door.
View attachment 655588

The responding officer gave him a citation for no insurance, we conferred with him that it would be the best option to help the case. It would document his irresponsibly.

He claims he is an OTR trucker, maybe trying to say he is a good driver. I’m afraid for everyone on the highway if he gets behind the wheel of an 80,000 pound truck! I mean he can’t even handle a pick up!

great. Murray should better write an invoice over $1200,- so you can press some out of that sucker and be sure to have your expenses (paint, working hours etc) covered. I would see it as compensation for suffering :lol:

The damage he caused to your Imperial because of his carelessness doesn't undo what this jerk did to your car. Hopefully you can get the repairs done in time.
If he drives a truck for a living, backing up a pickup truck should be a breeze, since truckers use their mirrors all the time. There's no excuse for stupidity.

The damage he caused to your Imperial because of his carelessness doesn't undo what this jerk did to your car. Hopefully you can get the repairs done in time.
If he drives a truck for a living, backing up a pickup truck should be a breeze, since truckers use their mirrors all the time. There's no excuse for stupidity.

My thoughts exactly. The sheer stupidity and irresponsibility of it. He even had the audacity to say that there is no need to have a bad relationship as neighbors! Well look who is at fault! Look who was careless and look who doesn’t have insurance on mommy’s truck!

I was thinking of driving around with my busted door saying
“No insurance neighbor did this” since the door is toast I don’t care about writing on it.

If you get an estimate of the repairs needed to fix you Imperial parts/repairs/body/paint etc., and approach the guilty party to pay for the work needed, they may pay you to avoid a day in court. Have a witness with you when you present the estimate, for good measures when you present the estimate.
If they refuse to pay for the work, it'll give you a stronger case in front if a judge, especially if you have a witness.
Also, I don't have Haggarty insurance, but do they have a rider for "uninsured motorist"?
If you can avoid filing a claim, it would be better for you even if nit your fault, since auto insurance companies can see all the incidents you have been involved in and will provide quotes based on fault or no fault occurrences.

If you get an estimate of the repairs needed to fix you Imperial parts/repairs/body/paint etc., and approach the guilty party to pay for the work needed, they may pay you to avoid a day in court. Have a witness with you when you present the estimate, for good measures when you present the estimate.
If they refuse to pay for the work, it'll give you a stronger case in front if a judge, especially if you have a witness.
Also, I don't have Haggarty insurance, but do they have a rider for "uninsured motorist"?
If you can avoid filing a claim, it would be better for you even if nit your fault, since auto insurance companies can see all the incidents you have been involved in and will provide quotes based on fault or no fault occurrences.

Claim filed, going to court anyways because this is a mess that I am left to clean up now.

Make sure you bring you Imperial to the C Body Show in Union, IL in June.
We won't care if you got a banged up door.

I work hard for everything I do and his attitude about the whole thing was extremely apathetic…

I wasn't there, I obviously don't know what took place. If he was blase about it I certainly get it.I'm simply surprised at the " make him pay " and get extra comments. He simply should apologize and pay the bill. That's all I'm sayin.

I wasn't there, I obviously don't know what took place. If he was blase about it I certainly get it.I'm simply surprised at the " make him pay " and get extra comments. He simply should apologize and pay the bill. That's all I'm sayin.

Yeah, you’re right, you were not there. The fact is I have to take off work to go get the estimate finished, I have to go to Ohio with my gas to pick up a door I shouldn’t need to buy in the first place. Then I have to wait months for the car to get repaired. So I have borrow a car until it’s fixed. It’s my daily driver, and show car. This accident detracts from the car show season. The car looks like ****, and it raises my rate, devalues the car. So yeah, I shouldn’t pursue him legally…

Yeah, you’re right, you were not there. The fact is I have to take off work to go get the estimate finished, I have to go to Ohio with my gas to pick up a door I shouldn’t need to buy in the first place. Then I have to wait months for the car to get repaired. So I have borrow a car until it’s fixed. It’s my daily driver, and show car. This accident detracts from the car show season. The car looks like ****, and it raises my rate, devalues the car. So yeah, I shouldn’t pursue him legally…

That's everyday life, everyone deals with on a daily basis.
I've had three cars totaled in the last six years because of negligence by others and one deer. I sucked it up, did what I needed to do and replaced the cars. Done. All three were daily drivers.
Your insurance will pay the bill and go after him, no?

Back