Needing help!!!

So I found what I believe to be the build sheet for my 1968 Plymouth fury lll but I have never seen one in this format... Can anyone help me?? I know it was produced in the Windsor Canada factory... View attachment 183588
So it was just confirmed that this is a build sheet. He said that 3 of his 68 sport furies had sheets like mine and the gentleman didn't even know that my car was built in Windsor Canada... Must be a Canadian thing what's that all aboot eh?

The last line that I was able to figure out was the one that starts with 514 ... When the letters are involved I'm lost

I toss out what I know and what I think.

Given that Windsor in known to have coded later fender tags differently than US built cars and given that Windsor did use unknown coding, and given the similarities, but different coding, of the same section on the 69 sheet posted and given the coding of 68 cars, I do not think the the letter-number section on the ‘68 sheet pertains to options as we commonly think of option coding.

This leaves, potentially, internal coding of some sort.

There are 25 alpha codes used. (The letter “I” is omitted on both sheets to avoid confusion with the numeral 1.) Each letter is used only once possibly giving only one option per letter.

I guessing here....What could be used in the production of a car with up to 25 unique, but different, items? Body panels in a jig? You would code a cowl only once but you could have several options of cowls. There would be only one floor pan but you could have numerous floor pans. Yet, we do not find body panels coded on other sheets.

In other sheets, you will find sub assembly codes. Are these codes for assembly components? Again, you’d have only one brake assembly code per car but numerous options in brake assemblies. The same applies to engine, rear ends, tires, and other components or assemblies coded on other sheets.

I don’t know what the codes mean but there are items on other sheets that would be necessary for the construction of the car that are not readily apparent on this sheet.

This thread reinforces, once again, why it is so important to find and save documentation from cars. If we had other sheets from other cars from the same plant, we could compare them. You could cross check the three digit number codes against the alpha codes and determine trends.

My two cents. Research continues.

Back