New garage for the C's..

The garages look great!

We’re getting closer to inhabiting our 4 car garage…
It’ll have the Dakota trail epoxy floor and is heated.

We’re planning on playing pickle ball in it.
Back wall is 3/4” plywood.

View attachment 681438View attachment 681439View attachment 681440
Concrete is being poured… driveway should be done on Monday.

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2393.jpeg
IMG_2405.jpeg

Sheets and barrier are laid down on the roof.
Also had our cable/ internet service provider raise their wire up away from roof.
Tomorrow..tin roof..brand new not rusted!! Lol!

I assume you're putting insulation in the walls. Are you going with fiberglass, or roxull? (do they even sell fiberglass anymore?). I've been replacing my outer wall fiberglass with roxull. I'm convinced it's a better insulation and safer from a fire pov.

I assume you're putting insulation in the walls. Are you going with fiberglass, or roxull? (do they even sell fiberglass anymore?). I've been replacing my outer wall fiberglass with roxull. I'm convinced it's a better insulation and safer from a fire pov.
Eventually going sprayfoam.
Regular pink insularion mice love to live in it.

Eventually going sprayfoam.
Regular pink insularion mice love to live in it.
The contractors here used spray foam for the HVAC ductwork and blow in insulation for the ceilings where there was room. They used fiberglass rolled insulation in the walls on the inside and hard foam on the exterior.

Thought this was built to house all the Imperials under one roof, how many did you end up keeping?
I do have four Imperials at the moment. It's a manageable number for now. I might add if the right circumstance came along. If I was retired I could spend more time with them. That would be a nice retirement dream: more time with dogs and Imperials. I'm fixing teeth 5 days a week and loving it. But, man the time flies by in my early 60's.

Self leveling base has been installed. I played around with the coach lights to set the ‘dimmed’ setting down a bit.
We will also have the closest sections of the driveway apron replaced as it had rained enough to create depressions in the concrete right underneath the roof edge.

Breezeway tiling will begin on Monday.

We’re having an interesting issue with the circuit that has been added to our kitchen for the microwave.

I will make a separate post about this in the anything goes section.

We’re liking the ring floodlight cameras. The other day they caught our ‘inspectors’ making a secret visit.

IMG_2517.jpeg
IMG_2520.jpeg
IMG_6920.jpeg

Driveway!
They’ll cut it tomorrow and that part will be done. Cement truck driver told me not to use ice melt or salt on it for a year.

View attachment 682245
Our paved driveway was old and got destroyed by the heavy trucks.
We anticipated it would not survive so for now we have crushed stone and next summer we will get new pavement.

Just a few pics.
Today waiting on inspectors before the walls get closed up.
Went with R20 pink insulation with plans of spray foam down the road after the wallet recovers from the build
Exterior just need a few finishing touches.
Ya..need to cut the grass!!

20240923_142057.jpg

20240923_142833.jpg

20240923_142917.jpg

I guess my main question is why so close to the house, if your local building code didn't require at least a 10 foot (3 meters) separation between the two buildings....

I can see one reason is due to existing grades - the grade falls off behind the garage so moving it back would require deeper footings and/or imported fill.

I guess my main question is why so close to the house, if your local building code didn't require at least a 10 foot (3 meters) separation between the two buildings....

I can see one reason is due to existing grades - the grade falls off behind the garage so moving it back would require deeper footings and/or imported fill.
The grade plus the hydro wire easements.
The city would rather have the garage close to the house rather than encroach the hydro easment.
We had to replace the pole to raise the wires.
Then it took 2 years to contact the proper people from rhe phone and cable companies to get permission to build under their wires.
With Covid and everything else took 4 years to break ground!!

The grade plus the hydro wire easements.
The city would rather have the garage close to the house rather than encroach the hydro easment.
We had to replace the pole to raise the wires.
Then it took 2 years to contact the proper people from rhe phone and cable companies to get permission to build under their wires.
With Covid and everything else took 4 years to break ground!!

Ah, I see. That's an uncommon setup where you have power and comm lines running across a lot like that. At least it would not be common in my area. We often have power lines running over yards but they mostly follow lot lines.

I guess the pain of dealing with utility companies is universal.

However, that new pole sure ties everything together quite nicely!

Back