New Here, New to My 67 New Yorker

Patrick

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just joined to mine the C Body expertise. I traded my 73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado motorcycle for a 67 New Yorker two weeks ago. Basically, I couldn't ride the bike with the family so a classic car fit the bill. It's in fantastic shape for a 67, and has almost all the accessories: Power windows, electric driver's seat, tilt and telescopic, dealer air, auto pilot, leather seats and probably more.

I'll mostly be looking for electrical help. I already found a fantastic thread on window motor rebuilds and now I'm looking for advice on how to test a radio. I have a spare and want to be sure it works before I swap it in for the one that doesn't work.

This is my car:

03 - right.jpg
01 - front.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

03 - right.jpg

10 - rear seats.jpg

01 - front.jpg

09 - front seats.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Last edited:
Well, welcome! That is one stately car. Absolutely gorgeous. And I'm digging the beautiful architecture of the abode. Love it.

Posted via Topify using Android

That's a really beautiful New Yorker, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Power vents too, really nice car!
As far as the radio goes, you should be able to to undo the wiring and antenna from the one in the dash and just hook it up to the replacement without mounting it. You may need to ground the chassis of the radio to the dash, hopefully someone else will chime in to verify.

WOW! Gorgeous car!.... am i seeing that right? Bucket seats? Great car

I'm not sure if they would be called bucket seats but the drivers and passengers adjust independently. The middle section is attached to the passenger seat but it's more of a hard hump than a seat.

Welcome to the site, great trade! That's a sweet ride, well done.

Sweet ride love the color and the original leather interior.

WOW! Gorgeous car!.... am i seeing that right? Bucket seats? Great car

You are correct. Buckets with a buddy seat. If the owner looks closer he will concur.

Very nice car BTW. I saw one on ebay the other day and the bid was over 7K and I don't think it was even a very low mile car.

That car is extraordinary! I almost can't stop looking at it.

Yeah, mine isn't quite as good as that. There are a few bubbles in the paint and one small ding above the passenger side wheel well. It shows 28,000 miles but it could be 128,000. The carpet on the front passenger side got wet once and it a little torn up. The wiring in the dash has been minimally molested, it looks like an auxilliary input jack was added. Mine does have more options than the one on eBay, is there anything it doesn't have? 15 inch wheels maybe? So what is mine worth in the minds of people who know? Not that I'm looking to sell, in fact I am beginning to look at older mopar wagons because my wife suddenly likes that look.

On the front seats, I looked and it is buckets and a buddy seat in the middle. The back of the buddy seat folds down to make an arm rest.

Here are a couple more pics to help you with your estimates :) That, and I like posting pics of my car:

05 - trunk.jpg07 - dash.jpgDSC_0100.jpg06 - engine.jpg

05 - trunk.jpg

07 - dash.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

06 - engine.jpg

Last edited:
Back