New to me 1968 300 2 door hardtop

Is it possible to make the "u suk list" with less than 10 posts and about 24 hours on board? :welcome:

Very cool!

Of coarse I will say awesome car! Just like mine except mine doesnt have AC :( but is convertable. As far as cost goes I just say as other will if you can afford it and it make you happy who cares. These are not investiment cars, they are cars to be enjoyed!

Thank you all! Looking forward to picking up the car and enjoying it! Once I get it running Im going to drive it down to the End of the World Rod Run in Long Beach Wa so the original owners daughter can sit it in once more

Can someone tell me what the bolt pattern is for the wheels on my car? Or what wheels will fit it? Looking to get a cheap set of wheels and tires to get it rolling while I work on it. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I'm a little late to the party, but also want to welcome you to this great site. Nice looking car you snagged.

Once I get it running Im going to drive it down to the End of the World Rod Run in Long Beach Wa so the original owners daughter can sit it in once more.

It's nice you taking the time to take the car to show the daughter. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

I plan on trailering it home and putting it on back burner till the weather gets nicer. I will for sure keep ya’ll updated on the process of getting it running and driving! I plan on getting it to a daily driver status and just cleaning it up real good and enjoying it the way it is!

That is the best way to do things. ;) And congrats on the car, and welcome to the board.

As for rims...as mentioned they are 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. If the car is a disc brake car then you will probably need 15" rims to clear the calipers.

That is the best way to do things. ;) And congrats on the car, and welcome to the board.

As for rims...as mentioned they are 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. If the car is a disc brake car then you will probably need 15" rims to clear the calipers.

This is true

If you decide to change the wheels I'd go with 15's personally not matter if it has discs or not

15" Magnum 500's would look great or if it's not discs the factory 14" Road Wheels are plentiful and great looking ... back then Mopar car dealers sold Magnum 500's right in the dealership. They went to their own 14 inch versions w/ trim rings for 69

68-300-4-door-hardtop.jpg

If it were me I'd use red line tires, RWL, or blackwalls

1968_chrysler_300_convertible_4850122421981301569.jpg

FC12_r107_01.jpg

This is true

If you decide to change the wheels I'd go with 15's personally not matter if it has discs or not

15" Magnum 500's would look great or if it's not discs the factory 14" Road Wheels are plentiful and great looking ... back then Mopar car dealers sold Magnum 500's right in the dealership. They went to their own 14 inch versions w/ trim rings for 69

68-300-4-door-hardtop.jpg

If it were me I'd use red line tires, RWL, or blackwalls

1968_chrysler_300_convertible_4850122421981301569.jpg

FC12_r107_01.jpg

Wow those look great! I will have to start searching for a set! Anyone have an idea if the wheel covers in my picture look original? I’m struggling with keeping this car in its original state or dressing it up a bit… Any thoughts? Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Alone with wheels I need to be on the lookout for the passenger side rear window trim since the one I have is damaged. Kinda hard to tell in the pictures but its messed up beyond repair. Anyone have any lines on one? When I get the car next Friday I’m sure I will start a new project thread if ya’ll don’t mine!

Yep I know they existed/exist

just fire up trusty old Google and everything, almost, in my mind is a url copy and paste away ;)

We'll learn these young'ins Stan

minor diff though .. my open tabs bar is never that neat

Here is one open window

tabs as of right now.jpg

tabs as of right now.jpg

Wow those look great! I will have to start searching for a set! Anyone have an idea if the wheel covers in my picture look original? I’m struggling with keeping this car in its original state or dressing it up a bit… Any thoughts? Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Yes, you have the original caps on the car. They are 14" and with the 14s you also know you have 11" drum brakes and will be able to get ball joints, and the 14" or 15" Magnums will fit. Even the 15" Magnums will not clear the early calipers, as they have a ridge that sticks outward.

The '68 300 came with bucket seats as standard equipment, so that is why it shows a credit for the bench interior option. The less common option that you have is the cruise control. Two things that show you have an early '68 are your horn button and the silver tail panel; the later '68s had black tail panels.

Definite fan of your car, I have had my red one since I was 13 and have owned a couple others that I no longer have. Stan posted the yellow one here for sale that I bought a couple years ago, but it needs a complete rh quarter. I am always on the prowl for the right one or else I will have to give up the search and break down and redo my red one, but it is getting pretty rough these days.

Copy of 68 300 (1).jpg

scan0002.jpg

IMG_0779.JPG

Copy of 68 300 (1).jpg

scan0002.jpg

IMG_0779.JPG

Back