O MY

sixpkrt

Reaction score

20240914_162644.jpg

Been in talks with the seller for 2 weeks.
Been wanting a wagon for some time, but it had to be one with a look you don't see often.
This jet age, Forwardlook Virgil Exner model had the look I was after.
Having some ideas on bringing it back to life with a look all of its own.
The body is in better than average condition, but the interior is super nice, door cards, seats, headliner, and a perfect steering wheel etc.
Glass is all good, and all the crank windows go up and down as they should.
Even the rear electric tailgate window works.
The 318 poly runs and doesn't look like it's ever been out of the Pioneer.
Push button trans work both forward and back and can move under its own power, but can't drive it yet because there are no brakes. The E brake works though.
Huge thanks go out to @Xenon and @71Polara383
for their help in bringing it back with me today.

20240914_184723.jpg

20240914_151234.jpg

20240914_141635.jpg

Been in talks with the seller for 2 weeks.
Been wanting a wagon for some time, but it had to be one with a look you don't see often.
This jet age, Forwardlook Virgil Exner model had the look I was after.
Having some ideas on bringing it back to life with a look all of its own.
The body is in better than average condition, but the interior is super nice, door cards, seats, headliner, and a perfect steering wheel etc.
Glass is all good, and all the crank windows go up and down as they should.
Even the rear electric tailgate window works.
The 318 poly runs and doesn't look like it's ever been out of the Pioneer.
Push button trans work both forward and back and can move under its own power, but can't drive it yet because there are no brakes. The E brake works though.
Huge thanks go out to @Xenon and @71Polara383
for their help in bringing it back with me today.

View attachment 681948

View attachment 681949

View attachment 681950

Mighty fine, Tim! I sure hope you keep the Poly. . .

Uh, I don't know how what I did to copy that link to that thread.
@Ripinator the poly runs well, but I need to drive it before deciding to keep it original. Without brakes, I can't do that yet.
Also, I want to keep the push button trans.

tim, tell us the back story.
Mike, this was the 3rd time I've accidentally found a car on FB. I was searching for a couple minutes on their public site before the screen goes blank, with the message that pops up and says "you must sign-in/register to continue"(I'm not on FB)
But the ad was there long enough for me to see the location was in Indiana, and I thought to myself, that's one of the two kind of wagons I wanted to pursue getting.
I called my brother @John Kelly and had him get me the guys contact info off FB to call.
We started talking and learned it was used by the sellers FIL for trips for the most part, hauling a trailer down to FL. It's got 118K original miles. Not bad after 62 years IMO.
The "O MY" is the license plate on the front of the wagon.
The main reason he was selling was because he needed the space.....I problem I now have too.

When the seller started the Pioneer, the first sound of that Poly I heard reminded me of the movie Christine when the owner started the Fury.
Just as I was thinking that, Wyatt @71Polara383 says "Christine".
That was a good laugh we both had.

Back