This rubber trunk mat available for my 57 Belvedere?

Rusty Muffler

Reaction score
Can't seem to find it in this pattern o
IMG_20240418_154801001.jpg
f dots and texture.

They are not available. At one point a person reproduced them like a decade ago. They were slightly thicker and people complained about it so he destroyed the molds apparently.

Your only options are one of the typical printed trunk mat patterns found in other cars cut to this shape or using a material of your choice and cutting it yourself.

None of the cars I've had still retained the original mat and they were all make specific, plym had its own, dodge had its own, etc.. I also heard of a reproduction but have never found one and I'd be a buyer even if it were a grand! Every car needs one. I'd keep the pieces but don't know what to tell you regarding a replacement..

None of the cars I've had still retained the original mat and they were all make specific, plym had its own, dodge had its own, etc.. I also heard of a reproduction but have never found one and I'd be a buyer even if it were a grand! Every car needs one. I'd keep the pieces but don't know what to tell you regarding a replacement..
Thanks Fins, in case you haven't seen recent pictures of my car lately? Where can I see pics of yours? I tried to send pics private message but couldn't.

IMG_20240324_154635527.jpg

IMG_20240324_154659256.jpg

IMG_20240331_095306090.jpg

IMG_20240211_135630445_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231215_145140543.jpg

Hey! I tried to PM you but for whatever reason it wouldn't let me. I haven't done a thread about my car yet.. yours sure is looking fantastic! What a great original car!

It's too interesting to be painted red, I much prefer original cars and this one still has survived this long.. it even still has the dealer license plate frames from Fresno! I wish the original paint was stronger but it is what it is. It should be repainted the original colors. I bought all the correct materials to reupholster the seats, fabric, white vinyl, and black vinyl. The only non-original thing I want to do to it is add power steering (I added an NOS black and white steering wheel) and maybe change the interior color to black and white. I don't know that I will paint the dash though, I do have black and white door panels, can put in a new black carpet.. I may sell it, I dunno yet. Your 57 is the coolest original color. Look at your seats, they are completely original they even still have the gold piping that matches the gold mylar in the door panels! Usually when folks re-do the interior that is left out, you just don't see that. That is an incredible car.

IMG_3250.belvedere.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

belvedere4.jpg
belvedere.jpg

Very similar photos! I've worked 6 months to get her in shape to drive. It's taken 2-1/2 months to get the DMV paperwork so I can put the original plates back on. I like mint ice cream, and your car's color reminds me of that. I think I'd prefer your color than mine fyi.

The trunk mats were reproduced but years ago. The one in my car is original and about 85% intact. The rubber turns as hard as a rock after so many years and they get extremely brittle. I will try to get some pictures this weekend so you can see what it should look like. I would buy a repro. if they were available. Your cars look nice and I'm with you about the red "Chritine" thing.

This is what the original 1957-1959 Plymouth trunk mats looked like. I found this one in a junkyard and it’s now in my ‘58 Fury after a good cleaning. I’ve managed to find a few others over the years that weren’t hard and brittle but the majority of them just crumble if you try and move them.

IMG_2171.jpeg

This is what the original 1957-1959 Plymouth trunk mats looked like. I found this one in a junkyard and it’s now in my ‘58 Fury after a good cleaning. I’ve managed to find a few others over the years that weren’t hard and brittle but the majority of them just crumble if you try and move them.

View attachment 658116
That's it! Yes mine is in bitty pieces and breaks like potato chips. Nice to see it whole, thanks!

The trunk mat in my '57 is mostly intact. It is however petrified and will break into pieces if removed. It is not the original one. It came from a parts car I got that had 47,000 miles on it. The engine was shot on the parts car, so I ended up putting in a newer 318 and drove it for about 10 years before selling it. That was back in the late eighties.

Trunk 1.jpg

These cars also came with "cardboard" panels that covered the inner wheel wells and the quarter panels. I have a set on my
Plymouth, but you don't see them that much. You can see them in these pictures.

trunk 3.jpg

trunk 2.jpg

It's such a shame that someone was reproducing that mat and now isn't after the Plymouths are easily the most popular of the forwardlook car. The cardboard garnish panels are being made and can be bought through Quirrey? the company that bought out long time forwardlook resource Gary Goers. I'll have to look to find their contact info... I have yet to do business with them..

These cars also came with "cardboard" panels that covered the inner wheel wells and the quarter panels. I have a set on my
Plymouth, but you don't see them that much. You can see them in these pictures.

View attachment 658278

View attachment 658279
Yes, my car has the panels in good shape except the fender well ones tend to curl inward at the top. Under my crumbling mat I found that it covered up the oval speaker cut out piece that the builder didn't bother to throw away. I saved it.

Back