This rubber trunk mat available for my 57 Belvedere?

Mine is a 318 and is not currently running and I'm super short on time to do much about it at the moment.. long story. The poly motors are like, from memory range from 8.5:1 to 9.25:1. I'd think that 100-120 would be ok but for a rebuilt engine that may be low. When it was machined was and decking done?

Mine is a 318 and is not currently running and I'm super short on time to do much about it at the moment.. long story. The poly motors are like, from memory range from 8.5:1 to 9.25:1. I'd think that 100-120 would be ok but for a rebuilt engine that may be low. When it was machined was and decking done?
Unknown, I bought everything with the rebuilt engine out. I can see the original cam and pistons have not been replaced, but it's so clean inside (it had to have been boiled out and totally taken apart) that I figure they did what any reasonable person would do and that would be to spec it and replace anything that needed replacing such as rings and valves. The grandson didn't have much info on what was done but the complaint was low compression to the point it wouldn't run. Well it runs fine now, doesn't smoke, leak or use oil. Plugs look good.
Anyone else that has checked their 301 compression?

Back