Odd transmission problem

I will certainly admit that sometimes I am wrong, although this time I am confused.

Here's the pic from that FBBO thread, at first glance, the one on the left seems to be the one to match yours (and John's) as it has the cable clevis on it.
But the rooster comb in this pic appears narrower, and the teeth are certainly more pronounced, esp in the blue area. (and I can't see a comb on John's)
Even if yours was really worn, I don't think the blue area would be possible, it looks too short?
Regardless, the LH piece has only 2 tabs and yours and John's have 3. That's definitive that the LH one doesn't match..
The red-circled has 2 ears for the NS switch, but yours/John's have feet on them, and the red clearly does not. (and other features are different too)
So none of these match yours or John's.

1718835429918.png

Here's the loose shifter I have. The red arrow points to a cotter pin, logically there's a spring and ball inside that item.
There's a switch, and right at the R location there's a bump in the arc-path that moves the switch button.
I am now wondering what this shifter is for, as both the roostercomb and switch would be redundant with a typical automatic.
Although I cannot understand why there would be 5 examples of roostercombs from ~62-65, either. (I suspect something in that FBBO picture is amiss)
It's been a long time since I've taken a 65 cableshift steering column apart, so I don't remember if there's a roostercomb in there, but the rubber boot on that assembly (under the brake booster) is pretty big, it could certainly hide one.

I dunno.

@Big_John
Maybe see if your shifter looks like this? Although I cannot envision anything in here that would consistently block 1st when driving but allow it when engine is off.

1718836793976.png

Back