Oil pan woes

furyus 67

Reaction score
Well it looks like I do not have the correct oil pan for my beloved fury.(boo) I did find a used one from a 413 out of64 Newport with the correct indent for the idler arm. Anybody know if this will work for mine? 67 fury 3 with a 413 once I get an oil pan!

Also the owner of the pan says there are no numbers stamped on it. I've researched and seen the #s for what works, I just don't know what the 64 Newport would have had. Any help is appreciated!

Here's the pics provided on the listing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Might not be the original pan for the motor then. The guy "says" the blocks casting reads A-413 3-24 9-14-64. Well like I said hopefully it fits and I don't get shot getn it!!lol

$150 vs $30 . I started combing Craig's list and found that one. It's got the right indent for the idler arm and for the price if it doesn't work I can still afford the other. Just gotta go to a sketchy area to get it. Not a safe as summit but I like living in the edge. and the fury fund is getting tight. I've gotta save where I can if want this one the road this year. Thanks for your help earlier Stan.

Last edited:
I've got a nice 187 pan if this one doesn't "pan" out.

How come you didn't buy the Milodon unit from Summit?
I bought a Milodon 8 quart pan from Mancini Racing. Had to butcher it up with a little custom fab work to get it to clear the idler arm. Got tired of making really wide right turns.

I picked the pan, it's in pretty good shape. Threads on drain plug look good! Il get a pic up in a day or two.

I bought a Milodon 8 quart pan from Mancini Racing. Had to butcher it up with a little custom fab work to get it to clear the idler arm. Got tired of making really wide right turns.
What possessed you to buy an eight qt knowing an eight qt couldn't possibly fit?

How come you didn't buy the Milodon unit from Summit?

I know the 7 qt one doesn't doesn't fit a 66 C-body, at least if being able to turn right is a priority. 1.5 turns to the right puts the idler arm hard into the pan. I had to cut a relief in the sump so the idler had somewhere to go.

Kevin

OK. Nobody's getting it so I'll speak loudly and clearly....

WTF IS WRONG WITH JUST INSTALLING (DEEP BREATH)....
THE STOCK REPLACEMENT STYLE PAN FROM MILODON ???

You don't need a ground scraper unless you are doing serious launches at the track.

What possessed you to buy an eight qt knowing an eight qt couldn't possibly fit?

On mine I called Milodon to confirm fit. Because the C-body pan with the idler notch is the pan to use when putting a BB in an A-body, it seemed reasonable that if the Milodon pan clears an A-body idler, it should clear a C-body. Milodon confirmed this. They were wrong.

Kevin

Back