Parts Availability

No Mynez

Reaction score
I am getting the itch to buy another classic car and really like the 66/67 Town & Country. My problem is that parts seem scarce, and I want a daily driver and road trip car. How plentiful are parts from mechanical to interior and bright work. Google is failing me searches that aren't muscle car specific.

Chryslers were never built in large numbers as were Chevy of Ford. Mechanical parts are relatively easy to find, as they were shared with so many others over a long period. Specific body parts can be unobtanium.

The bane of station wagon owners has always been wagon-specific items, which are mostly NOT mechanical. Gas tanks are always an issue, as are taillights/tailgate items. Things for basic operability however, aren't. Good luck.

Chryslers were never built in large numbers as were Chevy of Ford. Mechanical parts are relatively easy to find, as they were shared with so many others over a long period. Specific body parts can be unobtanium.

The bane of station wagon owners has always been wagon-specific items, which are mostly NOT mechanical. Gas tanks are always an issue, as are taillights/tailgate items. Things for basic operability however, aren't. Good luck.
Man seems to be the case with all wagons, especially the Town and Country. It also seems hard to find any in good shape.

Not really in a rush so I might bide my time and what for an excellent example to pop up.

Thanks

The basic issue with station wagons is that when new, they were "used to haul things", which could degrade them quicker than a sedan. Then they went into the used car market and were used some more, than discarded. Cycle repeat.

Usually, "good" ones are priced above the "daily user" market. More into the "collector" market realm. There do seem to be some good Dodge C-body wagons pop up every now and then, though. Same wheelbase, same car, just different sheet metal and trim. Some good Plymouth Suburbans are also around, but usually not equipped very highly, with 6-cyl engines, in many cases.

I suspect there are more Ford Country Squire wagons available, then and now. Classy wagons, then as now. Just mentioning a possible option.

Back