Picked up a new daily driver...

I was only kidding, Zac. They'll work just fine.

C'mon now! I feel like Ricky sometimes haha

Just ordered this...

$_12.JPG

A bunch of sewing machines on craigslist...

Take a sewing class.
I took a sewing class some years back. I learned a lot and it was a great way to meet babes.

My class had about 8 - 10 gals, all young, all single, all friendly.
I got asked out by the super hot instructor (short skirts, heels, etc) but I was a very good boy and declined.

So Ross wasn't wrong to connect you with a knitting circle. ;)

Alright so..

O-ring kit
Drier
Expansion valve
Ester oil

Anything else??

After install, take to shop for vac test, then bring home to fill.

So, I've got the following on order. should be here next week.

Drier
Expansion valve
Gasket kit for the compressor

Also picked up some ester oil. Going to order the O ring kit tomorrow.

Just want to make sure this is everything I'm going to need. Is it really only O-rings where the lines connect into the block on the condensor? Or is there a gasket there?

Trying to get everything together within this next week. Gonna have my old tech go over everything at the dealer up north in 2 weeks...

The car is doing good! Been a blast driving her! The passenger window motor went out the other week. Got that replaced. Also got a free uhhmmm... subwoofer, and amp I installed in the trunk... :icon_rolleyes: Also installed the old tuner from the bluesmobile. Got some good tunes now! Really looking forward to getting her out on the open highway and stretching her legs out for the trip.

Hey, I couldn't say no to free lol. Only had to buy the wiring, and a cheap box. Don't worry I turn it down at stoplights hahaha. Not as many rattles as you would think either!

Only wheels possibly in the future would be some old school slots if anything.

Soo are the lines going into the condensor o-ringed, or have a gasket?? :poke:

Everywhere there is a threaded connection, there is an o-ring.

Thats what made me curious about it... The 2 lines go into a block that connects to another block on the condensor.

Should just unbolt it for shits and giggles to see. Theres barely any pressure in the system, when pressing on the ports.

What am I missing??

This morning on the way into work I noticed a nice clunk in the front end.. On the way home I've noticed its on driver side front. It sounds as if something is horribly loose. Almost like the strut rod is dissconected. I got under her, and checked/tightened everthing. Everything looks good and is tight.

I cant recreate the sound bouncing it up and down in the driveway. It only does it going down the road, and hitting a bump. I just now notice that if I hold the brake going over a bump the noise dissapears, or is not near as loud. Caliper looks fine, and not loose. Could it be wheel bearing going out??

WTH?? lol. What do you guys think?

Ive got a big trip with the car in 2 days. Really need her ready..

Check your stabilizer bar, mounts, bushings, nuts, bolts.
Everything near it, around it, or has internet communication with it.

Check your stabilizer bar, mounts, bushings, nuts, bolts.
Everything near it, around it, or has internet communication with it.

I did that, everything is as tight as it can be. New bushings look good as well. Also unbolted the shock to make sure the rod was in the center of the mounting hole up top. Read that can be a problem on B bodies.

Only does it in on the driver side over a bump... :BangHead:

I must be a real sight.. Keep backing out and pulling the car in over the curb in the nieghborhood. lol

It still does it when both wheels go over a bump, still only on the d-side.

Back