Picked up a new daily driver...

I found it!! The caliper bracket bolts worked their way out just enough to not see they had backed out. I was able to make the noise kicking the **** out of the tire lol, and tracking the sound. Woo what a relief. Wish you guys could of heard it!

Not on my '79 New Yorker. I just removed mine two weeks ago and there is a flat one piece gasket that goes here.

I found out my system was just about completely empty, so I removed the lines, and did find 2 built in o-rings in the block. I'm not sure if they are removeable, so I left them for my guy to figure out. It also seems like the lines that meet the tube coming out of the compressor are compression fit lines. They are both tapered, one male, one female. Did not see any orings in there.

It is leaking there though.. Hopefully we can just clean up the connection points and tighten the hell out of them so they dont leak... Idk

Well, wish us luck. Tomorrow after work the old lady and I are setting off to MI. Hopefully all goes well! Spent the afternoon washing, polishing, waxing, and cleaning the old girl up for the trip. Also checked everything over! All looks good.

This is the cars first big trip.. I've really only had it about an hour away from home most times, other then when I got it, which was a 3 hour ride back. Keeping fingers crossed. Hopefully I'll have a couple good pics to share. Gonna hit a decent car show while up there, and also see a few freinds cars.

Well the trip was pretty boring car wise. It rained the whole damn time we were there, so no car show.. Did get the car to the shop though. She has working A/C along with a few other fixes, and a CORRECT alignment! Woo!

Car did good on the trip. The A/C clutch decided to burn up right in the middle of GA on the way back during the nice 105+ degree day. That sucked, but luckily it didn't freeze up completely. I swapped the clutch out from the blumo, and it is working, but is on its way out the door. Need a new one. She gets pretty warm in traffic with the A/C on though... Not scary hot, but a little warmer then I'm comfortable with. Also seems to dog quite a bit with it on as well.

No pics from the trip to share...

I did come up with a use for the baby hitch attached to the bumper... Welded up the flag pole today.

Ha ha ha. Love the flag! Glad there was no catastrophic breakdown. Not bad for a shake out cruise.

Sidebar: I've got the A.C. in my NYB to the point where my passenger asks me to turn it DOWN. :poke:
Keep picking away at it component by component until you get even your nuts cold.

The alignment improve things?

Last edited:
Thanks Stan. I'm digging the flag too.

Glad to hear the A/C in the NYB is working that good!! I know you have been working at it! What do you suggest I do next? I'm just happy its holding a charge! Its been almost a month, and still holding. The blower motor seems a little weak, so thats on the list, along with the clutch. Should I add some pusher fans up front? I need to get the windows tinted. The front seats are nothing but glass with the sun beating on you.

The alignment is such a difference!! He did it twice to make sure everything was good. Tracks down the road as it should. Still have a rattle over bumps on the passenger side I can't find though..

I think the next upgrade should be a pusher fan.
Don't forget that I also installed a new parallel flow condensor, also. The parallel flow are more efficient in dissipating the heat.

I'll deff look into the fans after the clutch, and blower motor. If I remove the condensor, I'll go whole hog, and order a complete sanden kit from bouchillon. Never realised how much power the RV2 compressor takes!

Surprisingly I don't really notice a difference in MPG's running the A/C. She got around 17mpg on the whole trip. Without A/C on the way up. And with it on the way down.

Surprisingly I don't really notice a difference in MPG's running the A/C. She got around 17mpg on the whole trip. Without A/C on the way up. And with it on the way down.
I think Mythbusters did that experiment and got the same results.

Still have a rattle over bumps on the passenger side I can't find though..
It's the 3/8th wrench that fell down into that inaccessible crevice...

The Cordoba got a little moody with the truck getting all the work recently. She started running like dog crap. Luckily all she was wanting was a tune up. Running a whole lot better now.

Stan, you asked how the A/C was doing in another thread.. It did pretty good all summer. My old tech up north put a vacuum to it, and it held a charge, so he just did the normal retro fit kit, along with a new dryer. I think you jinxed me though. Today i pulled her out to mess with her after shes been sitting the last couple weeks, and she leaked the freon out. No A/C! It lasted a few months though. I had it filled back in the beginning of June. I bought a can of 134, and filled her back up tonight. We'll see how long this will last. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and do the sanden swap over the winter.

Other then that the cars been doing good. I picked up a Grant tuff wheel a while back and put it in. Not really impressed with it (cheap!) but much better then the old cracked wheel.

I finally found the noise in the front end today! It ended up being the front drivers side center cap! One of the 3 bolt holes is stripped. Anyone have any luck re taping these?

I'm gonna drive her to work this week, but she should be good for the show next weekend! Woo!

20151101_171716.jpg

Well, I sold my Chrysler Fifth Avenue. I still miss that car. I blame Monaco75 for this one though...

IMG_0636_zps9bualtrw.jpg

Back