Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

You are persistent. You're driving it to Carlisle next year right?
Thanks John, persistently obsessed for sure. Next year I’ll be in Italy attending my nephews wedding. Imagine how rude, having a wedding during the Chrysler Nationals, and in another country no less, lol.

Thanks John, persistently obsessed for sure. Next year I’ll be in Italy attending my nephews wedding. Imagine how rude, having a wedding during the Chrysler Nationals, and in another country no less, lol.

It is only a nephew. Put the plane fair in an envelope and have a nice life. Carlisle is much more important.

I always liked the small bumperetts and the bumpers had the holes so I’m putting them back on. Not willing to pay hundreds for NOS pieces, I decided to patch up the rubber and repaint with some satin black. I don’t remember how these came off, but getting them back on has been a challenge. Top bolts, no problem, but there is no second hole for the bottom and I can’t figure out how to position the strange looking brackets.

IMG_8260.jpeg

JB Weld Epoxy:

IMG_2458.jpeg
IMG_2459.jpeg

Of course the studs broke off. Time to break out the welder.

IMG_2462.jpeg
IMG_2464.jpeg
IMG_2465.jpeg
IMG_2672.jpeg
IMG_2673.jpeg
IMG_2674.jpeg

Also did some more detailing in the trunk with the new body plugs. I’m on the fence with the splatter paint, but I do have a new rubber mat from REM.

IMG_2675.jpeg

I’m on the fence with the splatter paint, but I do have a new rubber mat from REM.
Beware the condensation caused by the rubber mat. I just bought reproduction carpet mats for one of my 1970 Polara 'verts to protect the floor while avoiding the moisture -- will report on fit when it arrives, they have them for all fusies:

Beware the condensation caused by the rubber mat. I just bought reproduction carpet mats for one of my 1970 Polara 'verts to protect the floor while avoiding the moisture -- will report on fit when it arrives, they have them for all fusies:

[/URL]
Thanks, I don't expect there to be moisture, but will probably be obsessively checking the trunk floor. I want to go full trunk treatment with carpet, side panels and spare cover, but haven't been able to find those parts yet, so the mat is a temporary adornment. It's also the hardtop version and will need mods, but it was on close-out and for $110 shipped I couldn't pass it up.

I always liked the small bumperetts and the bumpers had the holes so I’m putting them back on. Not willing to pay hundreds for NOS pieces, I decided to patch up the rubber and repaint with some satin black. I don’t remember how these came off, but getting them back on has been a challenge. Top bolts, no problem, but there is no second hole for the bottom and I can’t figure out how to position the strange looking brackets.

View attachment 667921

JB Weld Epoxy:

View attachment 667922View attachment 667923

Of course the studs broke off. Time to break out the welder.

View attachment 667924View attachment 667925View attachment 667926View attachment 667927View attachment 667928View attachment 667929

Also did some more detailing in the trunk with the new body plugs. I’m on the fence with the splatter paint, but I do have a new rubber mat from REM.

View attachment 667930
I painted my trunk body color except the quarter panels already had good spackle paint

Back