WANTED Road Wheels - anyone?

AL_Brad

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Anybody in the Southeast have a nice set of four they'd like to sell? I'd like to save on shipping. Thanks.

^pic stolen from c body boat's ad from back in Apr^

Road Wheel.JPG

I do have another full set I am to pick up soon. The caps and rings look pretty good. The wheels with need repainted I'm sure

I have a single road wheel. $100 with a mint tire that could be used as a spare tire.

IMG_2658.jpeg
IMG_2659.jpeg
IMG_2660.jpeg
IMG_2661.jpeg
IMG_2662.jpeg

I have a set of 4 in pretty good shape. I'm in Lancaster County PA, so that's probably too far away. If interested, I'll get pictures and sell them for the same price $100 each. I've had them a long time, just haven't thought about selling them. You can see them here:

1965 Sport Fury Restoration

If you go through the thread a little you'll see some other pictures of them on the car.
They were on the car when I pulled it out of my parents barn in 2014, actually they've been on the car since the mid '80s.

Thanks Darby. Please do get some pics if you have a minute. My sisters live near Allentown and could get them for me. I can work on getting them from them later. I appreciate it.

Thanks Darby. Please do get some pics if you have a minute. My sisters live near Allentown and could get them for me. I can work on getting them from them later. I appreciate it.
Here's a picture of each wheel with a closer picture of the same wheel. As you can see, they need to be cleaned up, the car hasn't been washed for almost 25 years (instead of washing it, I took it apart and stripped the paint off :)). I took some fine steel wool and rubbed a spot on each wheel and ring. I honestly think they'll clean up just as nice as they were when I was driving the car. They're not perfect, but they're in real nice shape. There was one cap on a center that came off when I changed tires one time, came apart from the clip on the rear. I epoxied it and it has held up well (I just want you to know that). I didn't look to see which one it was, it's still in place.
There's some black paint on one trim ring, should come off pretty easy, lay a cloth with thinner on it and it should just wipe off. I have no thinner at school, that's where they are.

thumbnail_IMG_2122.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2123.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2125.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2126.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2127.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2129.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2130.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2131.jpg

@Darby, clean up your mailbox. I tried to send you a PM…
Thanks for the heads up on the mailbox. I’ve been trying to delete the messages and haven’t been able to. I’ve selected the boxes and trashed them. It then shows “no messages”, but when I try to send you a message it tells me the mailbox is full. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Back