Scenicruisin'..?

that had crossed my mind boss .. even right where it is.

spoke with seller. it cannot stay where it is, but he's more that reasonable on the timing of when it has to move after paid for.

That said, I would have to move it.

Its gotta stay in CA for a few years, in friendly hands, at my expense, somewhere in the wide open spaces, on private property ... just like it has been for many years now. This was bluefury61's idea.

Please PM me if you have ideas/referrals on that?

I am still, while it hasnt sold, looking for ways to get it moved without a five digit transport bill. I am not hopeful on that .. such is the way of things sometimes. :)

spoke with seller. it cannot stay where it is, but he's more that reasonable on the timing of when it has to move after paid for.

That said, I would have to move it.

Its gotta stay in CA for a few years, in friendly hands, at my expense, somewhere in the wide open spaces, on private property ... just like it has been for many years now. This was bluefury61's idea.

Please PM me if you have ideas/referrals on that?

I am still, while it hasnt sold, looking for ways to get it moved without a five digit transport bill. I am not hopeful on that .. such is the way of things sometimes. :)

I don't know crap, but agree that this would be cheaper to store/dismantle prior to taking the goodies cross country. IDK if LTL for heavy assemblies is better than just loading a one way DIY moving van.

Ray, I know some of that stuff is PD4501 specific, but have no idea how deep the issue is with mechanical items. If the parts bus is truly to be dismantled, a quality air chisel should make short work of rivets holding body panels together. I'm sure there is someone who would like to cherry pick an odd panel or two. The rest that doesn't consume too much space is future insurance that you can fix minor mishaps if necessary. I know the unique driveline stuff would be nice to have and the cradle may be useful for maintaining an original driveline or setting up a future repower. Pieces that I wonder about would be stuff like the front steering and suspension gear... 1955 to now, I wonder just how unique those components may be. Small stuff like switches or whatever may become worth a little effort too.

Member @The Goose is in the right general part of the universe and due to his CAT experience, he may know of somebody equipped to haul the parts bus and/or a good place for storage where you may be allowed to have her dismantled. I'd ask @azblackhemi too, JIC he has any contacts that could help you.

Jeff .. my man! a scholar and a gentleman. As with others, public and private here at FCBO, sage counsel boss.

:thankyou:

I don't know crap, but agree that this would be cheaper to store/dismantle prior to taking the goodies cross country. IDK if LTL for heavy assemblies is better than just loading a one way DIY moving van.

Ray, I know some of that stuff is PD4501 specific, but have no idea how deep the issue is with mechanical items. If the parts bus is truly to be dismantled, a quality air chisel should make short work of rivets holding body panels together. I'm sure there is someone who would like to cherry pick an odd panel or two. The rest that doesn't consume too much space is future insurance that you can fix minor mishaps if necessary. I know the unique driveline stuff would be nice to have and the cradle may be useful for maintaining an original driveline or setting up a future repower. Pieces that I wonder about would be stuff like the front steering and suspension gear... 1955 to now, I wonder just how unique those components may be. Small stuff like switches or whatever may become worth a little effort too.

Member @The Goose is in the right general part of the universe and due to his CAT experience, he may know of somebody equipped to haul the parts bus and/or a good place for storage where you may be allowed to have her dismantled. I'd ask @azblackhemi too, JIC he has any contacts that could help you.

LoL we can fix anything $ure thing you bet.

Really depends where it’s at. It kinda looks like the one in the Boron Ca area. That one may be an old Greyhound. Sorry when it comes to these I’m like that one buddy who can’t tell a superbird from a Daytona. Definitely have some folks with storage in the high desert. Whenever it can’t move under its own power transport of the dinosaur is an i$$ue. Main problem up here is the metal thieves. They will strip/steal anything that’s not guarded 24/7 out here. Private property by a residence is the best. You should see the damage they do for a couple bucks of metal to the equipment we try to recommission after long term storage. Tens of thousands of dollars in some cases.

LoL we can fix anything $ure thing you bet.

Really depends where it’s at. It kinda looks like the one in the Boron Ca area. That one may be an old Greyhound. Sorry when it comes to these I’m like that one buddy who can’t tell a superbird from a Daytona. Definitely have some folks with storage in the high desert. Whenever it can’t move under its own power transport of the dinosaur is an i$$ue. Main problem up here is the metal thieves. They will strip/steal anything that’s not guarded 24/7 out here. Private property by a residence is the best. You should see the damage they do for a couple bucks of metal to the equipment we try to recommission after long term storage. Tens of thousands of dollars in some cases.

They were ALL Greyhounds.

Kevin

Thought this was cool. 1947 Greyhound Bus - - cars & trucks - by dealer - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
01616_7NluJPEB2ksz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Seems to me that if one was to put that much time, effort and cash into a Grayhound restoration, they would have opped for a scenicruiser .

post #1331 is a real nice "Silverside" -- those coaches, with that design, have greater numbers built over more model years and have more remaining specimens than PD 4501. still "rare" in terms of absolute numbers of any coaches still on road today.

i dig it .. thanks for posting it azblackhemi :)

small update.

still working on stuff,

18+months (brakes/bags, interior fitment, paint/polish) behind on 4501 (Scenicruiser) -- and some of my subcontractors are booked with commercial/HD truck work. nearly where I wanna be on 4903 (Buffalo Bus) --- gotta polish the skin and few other things to be "done" to my tastes.

Am I still looking at other stuff even though not buying? yes. I have the disease for certain coaches .... Flxies with this design high on the list.

I love this vintage Flxible. This one advertised as a 1949 and these are only pics. Asking price is north of 20K, that tends to be lower than most that come up. Still not enough to go on from the ad.

Still might have it looked it .. but I am NOT a tirekicker by nature. Dont wanna waste anybody;s time.

However, I am more afraid I will go see it, fall in love ("Baby Got Back"), and screw up my plans even further.

Seriously, fact is I am getting too old to take on BIG projects.

But if I EVER found a good Sultana..... oh boy!!
:):D.

UntitledEE2ccc.png
UntitledEE2ccc12.png
UntitledEE2ccc1.png

Very groovy.

You can also see the "Broughamization" of all things of the era as apparent in some of these RVs.

I'll take this one, please:
one of each "model" .. "Winnifred" the woman and "Winnie" the Chieftain RV?

:lol:

Last edited:
Back