Some work today on "BIG GIRL"

66SportFury

Reaction score
Well, it's a real nice day here, so after the car was hit last weekend, I thought it would be a good day to get it back together. I was able to straighten out the trunk with no trouble. I sanded the entire trunk down smooth and gave it a coat of Eastwood rust encapsulator. Unfortunately the light housing was cracked when it was hit that I didn't see when it happened. I had the original housings, so I cleaned them up as good as they could get until I find a better set and can afford them. The rear drivers quarter is complete also. I now need to move on to the passengers side quarter and start to work that. I will need to buy a mig to do some patch work on it. I'm pretty happy with how the trunk came out after taking the hit. It's straight again, sanded and coated. I also adjusted my insurance on it. It has full collision now. It would have been nice if they would have covered it, because I would have ended up getting a really nice set of housings, but I'm happy she's back together again.

Does anyone have an extra rear trunk emblem they would consider selling to me that is in good shape? Picture below.
Thank you,

John

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice job! Good to see it coming back together. Lincoln 140 Weld Pack, wire fed Mig, from Home Depot is what I have. Works great on 110v and won't break the bank @ around $430.00.

I've heard the welder they sell at Harbor Freight is the best deal for the $$$. Good for doing sheet metal and small projects.Heard alot of good reviews about it and think they cost around $100-120. or somewhere in that area.Good job,she's coming along nicely!Are you planning on reshooting her in red sometime in the future?

looking good, I'm glad to see you're bouncing back after that accident. you may want to look into classic car insurance. just a thought.

I've heard the welder they sell at Harbor Freight is the best deal for the $$$. Good for doing sheet metal and small projects.Heard alot of good reviews about it and think they cost around $100-120. or somewhere in that area.Good job,she's coming along nicely!Are you planning on reshooting her in red sometime in the future?

Thank you for the info. That welder from Harbor Freight is probably a flux core type. I heard there no good for patch panel work? I was told in another tread to buy a mig. I really like the one from Eastwood. The Mig 135. Do you know what model number the Freight Harbor one is? Is it this one? http://t.harborfreight.com/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-68887-8494.html
Seems it got really good reviews! Might just get it to see if I can weld. Seems the people that reviewed it said it was great for sheet metal work, so I would assume it would be good for patch panels..?? Never welded before, so I'm clueless.

Yes thats the factory color. After I get the bodywork done, she'll be going in for paint.

What size rim/tire you running out back? Offset? I like it, good looking car.

What do you mean Ramcharger wheels?

Mostly 70s and early 80s Dodge Ramchargers 2 and 4 wheel drives came with these wheels. They are pretty hard to find and not like the cop wheels,..these are 15x8, with a 4" BS. They fit like a glove on my Fury.

Mostly 70s and early 80s Dodge Ramchargers 2 and 4 wheel drives came with these wheels. They are pretty hard to find and not like the cop wheels,..these are 15x8, with a 4" BS. They fit like a glove on my Fury.

Excellent I'll have to go look for a set

John, You did a nice job man, I am glad to hear that the damage to the deck lid itself was minor, I would imagine the hinges got a little tweeked so check the alignment. I will keep an eye out for some nice Sport Fury tail panels for you, but it looks good as is.

John, You did a nice job man, I am glad to hear that the damage to the deck lid itself was minor, I would imagine the hinges got a little tweeked so check the alignment. I will keep an eye out for some nice Sport Fury tail panels for you, but it looks good as is.

Thanks Henry. It looks ok and will do for now. The housings are in pretty bad shape, but are straight. Yes please, if you find a decent set,.PM me. Thanks agian. Would you happen to have the deck lid emblem? This one in the picture?

image.jpg

Back