The Hurst Registry

July 22 Registry Update

Many thanks to 69CoronetRT for providing twenty [20!] pics of Hurst F-Tags. nineteen of which were not already in the Registry. He also provided about ten pics of Door Stickers, all of which nicely confirmed date info that I already had. His information is in Yellow. Minor editorial and explanatory changes are in Tan.

Among other things, Coronet schooled me on the VON "batches" that he has researched for other package cars like 'Birds, Daytonas and the 69 A12s. We know that batches of white 300s with Imperial interiors went to Hurst and came back transformed. But did they always come back in the same batches. Did some VINs get scrapped because of a production issue like poor panel welds that didn't pass inspection, but the VONs lived on? Or didn't live on, either of which could account for the gaps we've seen. Look at 196865 with a Door date of April, but the next VIN 196872, seven cars later, has a date of March. Huh? Of course, we're FAR from having enough data to make any conclusions about anything. But it's kinda fun to speculate on it.

Here's some fun: Look at the earliest VON and the last VON. 945-450=495 cars. Do we have a nearly full span of VONs now? Are there 485 or 501 Hursts? Incidentally, the VIN spread for 300's during the Hurst run is about 39935 cars, as far as the data currently shows.

Now, does anyone have any info on a VIN that looks to be 196653, with a VON of J99125 or 128? The car has Cruise and a beautiful engine compartment. I have a photo of it from someplace, but when you zoom on the F-tag it gets too grainy to puzzle out the numbers, so I haven't included it in the list. Be on the lookout, please!

1721752518521.jpeg

Last edited:
July 22 Registry Update

Many thanks to 69CoronetRT for providing twenty [20!] pics of Hurst F-Tags. nineteen of which were not already in the Registry. He also provided about ten pics of Door Stickers, all of which nicely confirmed date info that I already had. His information is in Yellow. Minor editorial and explanatory changes are in Tan.

Among other things, Coronet schooled me on the VON "batches" that he has researched for other package cars like 'Birds, Daytonas and the 69 A12s. We know that batches of white 300s with Imperial interiors went to Hurst and came back transformed. But did they always come back in the same batches. Did some VINs get scrapped because of a production issue like poor panel welds that didn't pass inspection, but the VONs lived on. Or didn't live on, either of which could account for the gaps we've seen. Look at 186865 with a Door date of April, but the next VIN 196872, seven cars later, has a date of March. Huh? Of course, we're FAR from having enough data to make any conclusions about anything. But it's kinda fun to speculate on it.

Here's some fun: Look at the earliest VON and the last VON. 945-450=495 cars. Do we have a nearly full span of VONs now? Are there 485 or 501 Hursts? Incidentally, the VIN spread for 300's during the Hurst run is about 39935 cars, as far as the data currently shows.

Now, does anyone have any info on a VIN that looks to be 196653, with a VON of J99125 or 128? The car has Cruise and a beautiful engine compartment. I have a photo of it from someplace, but when you zoom on the F-tag it gets too grainy to puzzle out the numbers, so I haven't included it in the list. Be on the lookout, please!

View attachment 673958
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to see somone is pulling together and consolidating the data. It's needed.

204114. That's a coding quirk due to the Jefferson plant tag layout and coding protocols. You will find other examples. It simply means we do not know which radio was ordered with the car from the data on the tag.

"Radio Delete" is an incorrect term as radios were not standard. While not common, cars were ordered without radios. That car appears to be one example. Others exist.

July 22 Registry Update

(…) Look at the earliest VON and the last VON. 945-450=495 cars. Do we have a nearly full span of VONs now? Are there 485 or 501 Hursts? Incidentally, the VIN spread for 300's during the Hurst run is about 39935 cars, as far as the data currently shows.
@marko — do you how many 300 were made for MY 1970?

300 hurst #s based on 5.4% of 8853 300 coupes im seeing 478 but i dont think its including canadian market 300 hursts.
which i would think would bring it up to about 485 but at this time i cant come up with the canadian market 300 hursts info.
i will get back to you on that...........

Last edited:
based on 5.4% of 8853 300 coupes im seeing 478 but i dont think its including canadian market 300 hursts.
which i would think would bring it up to about 485 but at this time i cant come up with the canadian market 300 hursts info.
i will get back to you on that...........
Thank you! What about the total 1970 Chrysler 300 production (both 2- and 4-door hardtops)? Is that figure close to 40k cars?

1.077 Convertibles
9.589 2-d HT’s
9.846 4-d HT’s
485 Hurst’s
total 20.997 300’s in 1970… or should we subtract that 485 instead of add it on?

Edit: The Hurst numbers should of course be included in the total number, because the factory never published separate numbers for them. So the total number of 1970 300s would be 20.512 specimens.

Last edited:
Again, anyone who would like a copy of this XL file, send me your email via PM. I won't send you updates thereafter, but you can update it yourself as you see fit. :thumbsup:

Also, I asked if anyone knows about 196653 (I think), with a VON of J99125 or 128 (I think). Here's the pic I have that (I think) I grabbed off the web at some point. Looks nice, yes? Notice the F-Tag (with inspector tag) is unpainted. Someone did that for a reason. Let's find out why.

CM23....196653 Random Hurst pic.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, I asked if anyone knows about 196653 (I think), with a VON of J99125 or 128 (I think). Here's the pic I have that (I think) I grabbed off the web at some point. Looks nice, yes? Notice the F-Tag (with inspector tag) is unpainted. Someone did that for a reason. Let's find out why.

View attachment 674017

I took that picture in 2020 at Carlisle, see my post number 23 in the Nerd thread. I did not even think of taking a picture of the tag when I took pictures of the engine, unfortunately I cannot tell what the tag says.

I took that picture in 2020 at Carlisle, see my post number 23 in the Nerd thread. I did not even think of taking a picture of the tag when I took pictures of the engine, unfortunately I cannot tell what the tag says.
Thanks for posting up on this, and yes I'm sure that's were I grabbed the pic. I think I've been through the various Hurst threads adequately already, but you're comment has me thinking. Now that we have this initial list and this thread established with about 60 VINs, I can wander back to those threads at my leisure and see if I missed something. Or someone else could. :thumbsup:

I did cull through the auction websites, etc. in putting this together, btw.

Finally, there are members here who own Hursts and have not provided their info, but I only know one or two. If you know who they are, you folks could maybe send them a PM about this thread. :thankyou:

I sent this to David Hill yesterday.
I'd be surprised if it sold fast. I need time to think about doing something stupid.

What does 'PLANT SECUITY STEREO TAPE' mean on the window sticker?

Also, what caused the upper pillows to be different color than the rest of the seat?
Is that from sun fading thru the side glass, or were the bottom sections reupholstered at some point?

1722135292871.png

What does 'PLANT SECUITY STEREO TAPE' mean on the window sticker?

Also, what caused the upper pillows to be different color than the rest of the seat?
Is that from sun fading thru the side glass, or were the bottom sections reupholstered

Bleeched out by the sun. I had the same problem with my 69 300 front bucket seats w/ material from Ledgendary Auto Interiors

CM23U0C228771 (if I read correctly) looks like a new one — excellent!

Last edited:
Can add another to the registry if its not already there. Saw this posted on facebook marketplace today for $49,500 in Marilla NY. Here is the link to the ad and some pictures….

1970 Chrysler 300hurst Mopar
What a great find! It's indeed new to the Registry, and there's SO much information....except the Door Sticker date that we're all looking for. Looks to be in excellent condition and the $49K is a good deal for a buyer. Recent *quality* cars are in the 65K range.

I'll update the Registry in a few days, as I think I have some serious information coming in soon. It's the grassroots work by folks like @SportFury70, @69CoronetRT and @70 Sport Suburban that allow us to populate the list, little by little. Much thanks!

The window sticker is printed in late April.

The VIN correlates to late April cars.

Yet, the door sticker tells us the car was not built until at least, five weeks later.

Do we see this much of a delay in scheduling to completion with other Hursts?
Are there any know specific parts shortages that delayed finishing cars?

228771_WS-down.jpg

The window sticker is printed in late April.

The VIN correlates to late April cars.

Yet, the door sticker tells us the car was not built until at least, five weeks later.

Do we see this much of a delay in scheduling to completion with other Hursts?
Are there any know specific parts shortages that delayed finishing cars?
Wow, great insight! I was straining my eyes to see a date on that window sticker, and there it was looking right at me: 0422. I wondered what that was and skipped right over it.

I'll add another "similar but opposite" question: Was the car built around when the window sticker was generated in April, and then the May door sticker added when the car got back from Hurst to Jefferson and was ready to ship out? I think Coronet and I discussed this elsewhere, that the door sticker was maybe the "last step".

Back