To Be or NOT

Try to Save,Parts, or sell whole??

• Part out ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fury Man Van

Reaction score
Bought this 68 sight unseen took a chance got it home soo sad at one time this was a Beautiful Machine she is all numbers matching but needs so much work
engine is stuck but mostly complete even the correct radiator and yes it's a factory 4spd car and I do believe that the Hurst shifter is original
Screenshot_20210119-191841_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210118-231252_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-191821_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210118-231727_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-191640_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-191544_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-191454_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-191725_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
From the pics it looks to be a reasonably restorable car. Too good to be parted out since it is a factory stick convertible.

If you decide to sell, I hope you sell as-is to someone here who will restore it.

I would do my best to free up the engine. This car is to complete to part out with all the numbers matching.

1 of 25? I think it should be saved, by someone. I wouldn't part it out.

Last edited:
before I left for this trip I filled the engine with Marvel's Mystery oil figured to let it sit for a few weeks this does appear to be an HP 383

Tough one, definitely rare, exterior body looks fairly solid but the floors, I imagine the trunk is toast too? Unless there was some change mid year, the original shifter would be the inland unit, (w/reverse lock out). The hurst was a popular add on once they became available.

Tough one, definitely rare, exterior body looks fairly solid but the floors, I imagine the trunk is toast too? Unless there was some change mid year, the original shifter would be the inland unit, (w/reverse lock out). The hurst was a popular add on once they became available.

opps the car was built 7/68 approximately going by the engine and intake and I read somewhere that they put the Hurst in the late model not sure if that is true

If someone had a donor car for the missing parts even if it was a rust bucket it would be a great project. You could find the floors and trunk floor somewhere else.

One way to look at it, most of the needed disassembly has already been done.

Back