WANTED Two barrel carburetor spacer phenolic/composite

darth_linux

Reaction score
Contact seller
I’ve got the old “fuel boils in the float bowl after 15 minutes of hot soak” problem, so I’m looking for a composite or phenolic spacer for my ‘66 383 with two barrel Stromberg. Must match dimensions as illustrated in photo below. Thanks.

IMG_3931.jpeg

Should be the same dimensions as a Rochester 2GC carb, which can come in 1.56" throttle bores and 1.69" throttle bores. Same as the Carter BBD for 383s, too.

CBODY67

Quick Google search for a Rochester 2bbl application yielded Canton Racing Products, 1/2" thick phenolic 85-032 on their eBay store. Looks like it might work with longer studs. Prices vary widely, but all of that should appear on the Google search page. Might call them to verify dimensions.

With that much more build thickness between the carb and intake, might need to straighten out the two bends in the choke rod going to the choke plate. Not a big deal, some normal pliers can so that as needed.

CBODY67

Quick Google search for a Rochester 2bbl application yielded Canton Racing Products, 1/2" thick phenolic 85-032 on their eBay store. Looks like it might work with longer studs. Prices vary widely, but all of that should appear on the Google search page. Might call them to verify dimensions.

With that much more build thickness between the carb and intake, might need to straighten out the two bends in the choke rod going to the choke plate. Not a big deal, some normal pliers can so that as needed.

CBODY67
Thanks- I found another spacer listed as fitting "Tri-Power Rochester" 2 bbl carbs for $30. I asked for specific dimensions since they weren't listed. The one from Canton looks to be correct but is almost 50% more expensive . . .

So the gasket I found that was listed as fitting a Stromberg WW is too small. Second time I’ve run into this problem, which is why I’m posting here.

IMG_3932.png

Do you know (or does anyone know) if the 2-bbl stromberg has the same opening and bolt placement as the 2-bbl carter (BBD) for the 318?

What I mean is, is the 2-bbl stromberg on the 383 using the same gasket as the 2-bbl carter on the small block. Because there is a thick gasket (almost 1/2 inch thick) for the Carter (small block) BBD's. There apparently is a BBD for the big block, I know nothing about it.

Do you know (or does anyone know) if the 2-bbl stromberg has the same opening and bolt placement as the 2-bbl carter (BBD) for the 318?
My Newport was sold to me with a BBD from an early 70s Dodge Truck (for some reason) and yes, it's the same bolt pattern.

IMG_3934.jpeg

What I mean is, is the 2-bbl stromberg on the 383 using the same gasket as the 2-bbl carter on the small block. Because there is a thick gasket (almost 1/2 inch thick) for the Carter BBD's.
I had the thick gasket with the BBD, but it was pretty crusty so I didn't use it with the Stromberg I put on. I'll see if I can find a new one. Should of thought of that in the first place .. . . derp!

I didn't make this one from scratch (was just a square spacer when I started) but I did the profiling and o ringing.

s2.jpg
s1.jpg

As you are adding this take note of any linkages - like choke and throttle - that go from carb to intake/block and make sure they will function as intended with extra distance.

Back