Vintage Chrysler Corp dealership pics

View attachment 72811 You guys might like this one. As a kid I remember seeing car haulers loaded up with big full size American cars. It was a wonderful time. One reason I always looked forward to the road trips
WOW. I can't say that I've EVER seen one of these car trucks full of American cars. Oh, there might be one or two, maybe three...but not the entire trailer full. Mostly...well ya know..Japanese cars. Every now and then there's a truck carrying lots of German iron...BMWs.

That is just amazing.

WOW. I can't say that I've EVER seen one of these car trucks full of American cars. Oh, there might be one or two, maybe three...but not the entire trailer full. Mostly...well ya know..Japanese cars. Every now and then there's a truck carrying lots of German iron...BMWs.

That is just amazing.
i

Yes it was a wonderful time. I remember going down to the dealership in Raleigh as a kid just to see the new models. Knowing we couldn't afford one. Still had to go look. America's love affar with the automobile was in full bloom

That is just amazing.

They really love that import crap in the North East, been that way for at least 40 years.

bluefury361 said:
Unusual to see a Fury 2 door post car with hideaway headlights
That might be a 1970 Fury Gran Coupe. The paisley pattern of the vinyl top and seat covers was not mandatory, the package could be had with ordinary colors, too. Most did come in the Paisley pattern and color combination, though.

image.jpeg
The famous Jim Van Zee Dodge Dealership

I totally missed the boat. Would it be safe to say these days this has completely turned around? At the time this pic was snapped there were more lots with "Big Three" iron sitting in them then foreign cars. Now that has turned around completely....more foreign iron than products from the "Big Three". HA, "Big Three" really doesn't mean anything anymore, in fact.

Like that Challenger R/T photo. Wheel covers and white wall tires very 1970.

Imports used to be in the one Digit range for a Long time in the US mid sixties at least then slowly creeping upwards especially going up after the fuel crisis.

Back