Vintage Chrysler Corp dealership pics

image.jpg
More vans

image.jpg
You guys might like this one. As a kid I remember seeing car haulers loaded up with big full size American cars. It was a wonderful time. One reason I always looked forward to the road trips

In the middle of nowhere

Interesting story about a dealership in the middle of nowhere. My ex was from Nebraska & was a HUGH Cornhusker fan. So the Hunsker's where coming to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va to play the Hokies in football. So we had to go. Driving up there she decides to take a short cut (I tried to talk her out of it) & we soon found ourself on a tight 1 lane winding road up a mountain. No joking. This looked like an old wagon path that had been asphalted. Was fun at first, but after 20 minutes on that road in a big heavy Tahoe it was getting old. Finally we came out on top of that mountain & got on a nice road & could see a small town that had a Chrysler -Dodge dealership. At first we where wondering how on earth do they get the car hauler up here. That main road for the town quickly lead to a highway that was more Tahoe friendly. And I told her NO MORE SHORTCUTS. You just cost us a half hour easily. Still surprised a Chrysler dealer would be on top of Virginia's version of Mt Everest.

81-mile Hemi ‘Cuda set for million-dollar sale?
Seems to be the place where this car was delivered.
From a historical perspective, ok... from an investment perspective, I get it... from a car guy perspective... its just wrong to let this car sit... I would have volunteered to unhook the speedo and bolt on some different tires just to give this girl the driving she was made for...

Go to Bloomington. There are Corvettes there that...
wait for this...
the owners, at delivery, immediately took off the pedal pads, tires, and other items subject to wear, seal them in bags, put on new replacment pads for normal use, then break out the stuff that came from the factory to compete in the Survivor™ class.
And yes, the Bloomington Organization has Trademarked the word Survivor™.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="C Body Bob, I told her NO MORE SHORTCUTS. You just cost us a half hour easily. QUOTE]

I would think a half hour would be a cheap price to pay for an adventure. :poke:
I like the way your wife travels. Sometimes it's about the journey, not the destination.

Just more places to be on the lookout for diamonds in the rough lurking out there.
Driving on unfamiliar local roads I look like a Bobble head.

[QUOTE="C Body Bob, I told her NO MORE SHORTCUTS. You just cost us a half hour easily. QUOTE]

I would think a half hour would be a cheap price to pay for an adventure. :poke:
I like the way your wife travels. Sometimes it's about the journey, not the destination.
No, not in a Tahoe. Wrong road. Had tree branches licking both sides of the Tahoe. Hard Curve every 20 yards. I was expecting a down tree or large Boulder at any turn blocking the path meaning we would have had to back down a long ways to find a turn around point. We got lucky and found parking within site of the stadium. About a mile walk. Mostly paved. Had Time to to tailgate & kid around with some Hoakies fans.

No, not in a Tahoe. Wrong road. Had tree branches licking both sides of the Tahoe. Hard Curve every 20 yards. I was expecting a down tree or large Boulder at any turn blocking the path meaning we would have had to back down a long ways to find a turn around point. We got lucky and found parking within site of the stadium. About a mile walk. Mostly paved. Had Time to to tailgate & kid around with some Hoakies fans.
Bob, I have driven those roads up there. Friends have a cabin near Donner Pass. They're scary as hell and I love them. Still no guard rails or Jersey Barriers. Just the stubby concrete posts with a rusty cable runing thriugh a hole in them separating the right edge of your lane and a ½ mile drop. I would drive a rig along them if I could.

BTW, did you visit the Ponderosa where Bonanza used to be filmed?

The path we where on was right through the woods. Near 0 visibility. It was not wide enough for 2 cars. Had moss cover boulders lining both sides. I think it was an old wagon trail for that town it led too. The State came in an asphalted it so it wouldn't wash out is my guess. Who ever made it curved around all the boulders.

Back