WANTED: pics of 69 chrylser 300 convertibles. Dead or Alive!

Thanks.

- Car was painted two times at the factory. The paint underneath bronze was orangish (is that a real word).

The orange paint is a standard factory undercoating (kind of primer) every chrysler 300 had. Mine has also an orange undercoat. So do not think you car was painted for the jukes of hazard :).

The orange paint is a standard factory undercoating (kind of primer) every chrysler 300 had. Mine has also an orange undercoat. So do not think you car was painted for the jukes of hazard :).

Yes, I know. But this layer was a metallic paint. And there was a third (primer) layer underneath.

Carlisle - not the place to go for C-body lovers?

I think you need to check the Carlisle event in person. Seeing 82 acres of nothing but Mopars of every model, year, and color will change your whole outlook!

Well I am not sure if I will ever go to Carlisle after reading this recent post on http://cbodyhomeport.yuku.com/topic/4102/A-few-pics-from-Chryslers-Carlisle#.T__4zpHDXpw

'Here are a few shots from Chrysler's @ Carlisle. I was not up there long today. The heat was really bad and Saturday is supposed to be about 103 and a heat index of about 120. I have gone up to the show about 3 times in the last 8 years. I will say this was probably the last time I will go. Honestly, there is next to nothing up there for a C body owner. There are miles of parts it seems for every other type of Mopar and rows and rows of every other type of Mopar. You can’t even get a T shirt or a Poster with our models showing and I am tired of it.'

Was Carlisle so bad this year?

Well I am not sure if I will ever go to Carlisle after reading this recent post on http://cbodyhomeport.yuku.com/topic/4102/A-few-pics-from-Chryslers-Carlisle#.T__4zpHDXpw

'Here are a few shots from Chrysler's @ Carlisle. I was not up there long today. The heat was really bad and Saturday is supposed to be about 103 and a heat index of about 120. I have gone up to the show about 3 times in the last 8 years. I will say this was probably the last time I will go. Honestly, there is next to nothing up there for a C body owner. There are miles of parts it seems for every other type of Mopar and rows and rows of every other type of Mopar. You can’t even get a T shirt or a Poster with our models showing and I am tired of it.'

Was Carlisle so bad this year?

Heck No. There were plenty of nice C body cars there this year. I'll definitely be back next year.

Thats probably a good thing, with your negative opinion of it before and your recent posts here its better for everyone involved.

I do not have an opinion on the event itself because I never been there... I was critical about the homepage text because the seem not to mind about C-bodies. And now I reed posts of people who actually have been there are negative about the C-body exposure... :eek:ops:

Last edited:
The number of cars there was about 2200. With the predicted heat and the holiday being mid week that is probably a good number. If I can get the photos re sized I will show you pictures of over 200 full sized Chrysler products and another 50 - 100 others. Many of the girls that now drive to this show drive their new Challenger because they cant stand the heat.........sissies.

Those who are waiting for C body cars to become as popular and as numerous as E&B cars are with the public ought not hold their breaths unless they can do without oxygen. Its just not gonna happen. I think the event was well worth going to see.

I was there this year...and many other years. If there was only one C-body there I would still go! It's not just about C-bodies, it's about the camaraderie that we share with ALL Mopar enthusiasts that come from all over North America and the World. I'm 57 and have a few medical issues and I was there in the midst of the heat wave and got to meet Dave and his family as well as numerous other Mopar people in attendance at the great show. Hell, there was an unofficial Mopar car show in the parking lot of the hotel that I stayed at. If you don't want to come to Carlisle...don't!

I was there this year...and many other years. If there was only one C-body there I would still go! It's not just about C-bodies, it's about the camaraderie that we share with ALL Mopar enthusiasts that come from all over North America and the World. I'm 57 and have a few medical issues and I was there in the midst of the heat wave and got to meet Dave and his family as well as numerous other Mopar people in attendance at the great show. Hell, there was an unofficial Mopar car show in the parking lot of the hotel that I stayed at. If you don't want to come to Carlisle...don't!

You like apples? How bout' them apples.

I assume that you are trying to figure out how many of these boats are still around. Do you have a guess? Well this is our 69' 300 rag top daily summer driver. We also have a (very much) parts 69' vert I will try and get a pic of sometime. I enjoy looking at all the pics but I wished you included the topless 70's, they're just as cool and even rarer. We have two if you want the pics. HPIM2146.jpg

HPIM2146.jpg

69 300 convertibles...

I assume that you are trying to figure out how many of these boats are still around. Do you have a guess? Well this is our 69' 300 rag top daily summer driver. We also have a (very much) parts 69' vert I will try and get a pic of sometime. I enjoy looking at all the pics but I wished you included the topless 70's, they're just as cool and even rarer. We have two if you want the pics.View attachment 4052

WELCOME....... You found the right place. Love the 69 convertible.

Of the 1933 69 300 convertibles there seems to be a high survivor rate. Several very nice examples have shown up here.

I am in process of restoring one now and also have one parts car.

Do we want to see pictures.....? Is that a trick question....? Of course we do.

there seems to be a high survivor rate. Several very nice examples have shown up here.

Yeah, how come that is? I noticed that too. I have been keeping track of 70 Polara convertibles for over thirty years now and have located just under 100 and many of those were in disrepair.

red 70 300.jpgThanks for the Welcome. Here's a couple pics for you. This is the red '70. Not a show car but a great driver. I have now found the road wheel center caps for her, but I am still missing a piece of trim from the top of the grill. My 1 year old daughter is missing in this photo but she's sleeping in the front seat. One of the reasons my brothers and I drive these awesome cars is because they fit the whole family. Not like todays crappy 4 passenger convertibles.
black 70 300.jpg
This is the newest addition to our 300 family. This is a original black 70' she was a one owner with 38k miles on her. We found her a couple of months ago in an estate sale auction. She has power windows, dual power seats, power antenna, trunk release, am fm 8 track, tilt and telescopic wheel, posi rear end, and a bench seat. We could not be more excited!

red 70 300.jpg

black 70 300.jpg

Makeawake8680 said:
posi rear end,

Its a gorgeous car, both of them actually and a damn nice set of kids.........The above "posi" term is showing your Chevrolet roots. Around here we call'em sure grips.
Tell me, how does one find a car like that or any other old car at an "estate sale"? Looking through the paper and scanning all the estate sale ads or is this a " falling into a bucket of **** and coming up with a ham sandwich" kind of a thing?

Back