WANTED: pics of 69 chrylser 300 convertibles. Dead or Alive!

You are only allowed to reply if you attach a picture of one or more 69 Chrysler 300 convertibles. This topic is very serious and no playground:nono:.

If you want to chat about barns and horses please make a new thread elsewhere.:director:

Thanks!

:rofl:...........your kidding, right ?

then here is my admission fee to this thread......

1969 Chrysler 300 front.jpg

Well you now have photos of two different cars in this thread that are both the non metallic powder blue. That would indicate to me that its probably a factory color. In mid year 68, that powder blue color became available on Plymouth Furys as "Hawaiian Blue". Looking at this 1969 color chart, it appears that it was available in 69 as well, but I can't tell what Mopars were available with the color. I didn't even think about it being a Mopar color when I painted a bathroom that powder blue (Hawaiian Blue) color, last month. Let me know if you would like me to post pictures of the Hawaiian Blue bathroom.

1969chip.jpg

Last edited:
Why do the convertibles and 4drs have vent wings and the 2drs do not???

Was this just a '69-'70 thing or how far did this go?

Well you now have photos of two different cars in this thread that are both the non metallic powder blue. That would indicate to me that its probably a factory color. In mid year 68, that powder blue color became available on Plymouth Furys as "Hawaiian Blue". Looking at this 1969 color chart, it appears that it was available in 69 as well, but I can't tell what Mopars were available with the color. I didn't even think about it being a Mopar color when I painted a bathroom that powder blue (Hawaiian Blue) color, last month. Let me know if you would like me to post pictures of the Hawaiian Blue bathroom.

Most of the color answers you can find on this site: http://www.tpocr.com/chrysler66pntchp.html

The light blue is standard color code 'C Blue powder' for '66 chryslers/imperials. See picture. Also for the daffodil Yellow which also is a standard color for 67 models.

For the non standard colors the color code on the VIN tag should be something like '999' (special order )... Does somebody know?

66chry.jpg

Last edited:
For the non standard colors the color code on the VIN tag should be something like '999' (special order )... Does somebody know?

I have a '69 Road Runner with the chart code "Special Order 999" for Bahama Yellow and the actual code on the data plate is 96.

Now what's the deal with the vent wings, and why don't the 2drs have them, when the convertibles and 4drs do?

To vent window...or not to vent window

what's the deal with the vent wings, and why don't the 2drs have them, when the convertibles and 4drs do?

The "deal" with the vent windows, or lack of, on 69 Chryslers is dependent on the heater-A/C option.
Option code H51, A/C single unit, and H53, auto temp-single unit, included ventless front windows on 2dr hardtops.

My 69 300 convertible is equipped with the H51 system and has vent windows.

I have a '69 Road Runner with the chart code "Special Order 999" for Bahama Yellow and the actual code on the data plate is 96.

Now what's the deal with the vent wings, and why don't the 2drs have them, when the convertibles and 4drs do?

A picture of a 2 dr with vent windows.

2682432.jpg

Heres another one that Marten Carlsson recently photographed at a car show in Sweden, and posted to his Facebook page.
282827_2884392327195_387155130_n.jpg

36008_1221584758045_514443_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back