What do you do for a living?

You've got some great dancing feet & a quick arm if you can drive that with any proficiency.
Cut my teeth on one of those when I was 20.
Left arm through the steering wheel on main shifter, right arm on second...

am8g2p.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I get the chance to drive one of those old set-ups on day. I've heard story from old timers about them, and would love to see how bad I would be at it...LOL!

Wish I get the chance to drive one of those old set-ups on day. I've heard story from old timers about them, and would love to see how bad I would be at it...LOL!

Drove that A-car one summer for a wrecking co.
The owner asked you no questions and you told him no lies.
Paid under the table. You get the rig back in one piece, you get paid.
He figured if you knew how to drive it across the yard, you were qualified....
I was 20 and too new and too stupid to know that I shouldn't have been in that seat. I probably couldn't shift it now to save my life.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like I might be the dumb kid on the block. I work as a directional driller on an oil rig in the Bakken play of North Dakota. Have to stay at the rig 24 hours a day. Work 20 days on 10 days off. It's both hell and a blessing in my wife and I's relationship. LOL. I am in the midst of trying to have a midlife crisis, but the wife won't allow me my much needed GT500 Shelby. I also have a photography business but with so much time on the rig, I usually only shoot a wedding and some senior portrait sessions a year. Lots of stupid pictures of our cats too. Here's home sweet home.....

You're no dummy. Hard work. Work hard. That earns my respect over any rocket scientist.

< Sent from my tablet >

Wow, sounds like I might be the dumb kid on the block. I work as a directional driller on an oil rig in the Bakken play of North Dakota. Have to stay at the rig 24 hours a day. Work 20 days on 10 days off. It's both hell and a blessing in my wife and I's relationship. LOL. I am in the midst of trying to have a midlife crisis, but the wife won't allow me my much needed GT500 Shelby. I also have a photography business but with so much time on the rig, I usually only shoot a wedding and some senior portrait sessions a year. Lots of stupid pictures of our cats too. Here's home sweet home.....

Working on that equipment requires a lot of techinical know how. If you took that pic you certainly have some creative flair!

That's a cool photo of a drill rig. A mid life crisis is a Corvette, not a GT500. It's an investment honey, lol.

Yes, I took the photo. And I will never own a corvette. To refined for me. The 2013+ GT500's with 662 HP is more my style...straight line performance. If Ma Mopar would pump up the SRT cars to similar then I would be sold. By then my crisis will be over however......

That's a cool photo of a drill rig. A mid life crisis is a Corvette, not a GT500. It's an investment honey, lol.

My wife gave me permission to have a mid life crises to go out and order a new Corvette so I did.
One of the biggest mistakes I ever made.
Smart woman. Far wiser than me...

< Sent from my tablet >

My wife gave me permission to have a mid life crises to go out and order a new Corvette so I did.
One of the biggest mistakes I ever made.
Smart woman. Far wiser than me...

< Sent from my tablet >

Ha, my wife refuses to let me have the crisis yet this past year she got herself a '13 hemi Charger and '12 Ford Raptor SVT. Guess menopause is where it's at.

I'm not going to lie. The image of a gal yahooing it up in a beast like a Raptor SVT is very arousing to me.

< Sent from my tablet >

Registered Nurse. Been reading my grandmothers nursing books (1907) since the age of 7...not that I understood but pics were awesome. I never met her but she influenced me despite of that.

My favorite saying.
I absolutely refused to be assigned to any new tractor that came in with a slushbox. HATED them.
My old comrades still there tell me the entire fleet is changing over from Internationals to Cascadias with automatics.
The kids love them (of course...). The older drivers hate them.

2qdd0ed.jpg

I think Mercedes is giving away Freightliners to crush International's market share. And they have done it. International is teetering on the financial crises fence, now.

But....what do we know.

The entire U.S. Military fleet are all automatics now.......from HMMWV's to HET's.......no more clutches!!!

M1070-truck-tractor-m1000-het-semi-trailer-hobby-boss-85502.jpg

That is a cool picture. My cousin does some great work (hobby) with a Nikon...

schwartz 3 bracket.jpg

schwartz 3 bracket.jpg

The military trucks have been automatics for some time. The Gov still has a few stick shifts left, but they have been clearing them out. I had (2) M818's and a M52a2, along with numerous M35a2's over the years. I shoulda kept one! Stan what year Corvette did you buy?

I ordered an '05 in '04 before there were even available and an '08 in '07. Sold the '05 after ten months because I didn't like it. I was stupid enough not to learn from my lessons and did it again which resulted in me selling it only four months later (to Lingenfelter incidently). Took two tries to find out I always was and always will be an old car guy.
As mentioned, I went through manopause.

Back